MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread

river mines

@Cosmas-the-Explorer
she is a sixth ranger, Misty was planned from the beginning to join them and had an arc for that.
A poochie is a character who has no reason to be with the protagonists or stand out but places them in an artificial way.
Cosmas-the-Explorer
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.

Explorer in Training
@Icicle Niceicle 1517
She’s a city on the hill. A lamp whose light shines for everyone in Equestria. She’s friendship and harmony’s greatest warrior..
Even if I’m not g5’s biggest fan, I always adored the character of Sunny. I love those idealistic characters who want to make the world a better place. (Maybe why I like Gates to Infinity partner so much.)
Ring Team
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

@DerpyFast
I’m trying to find time to catch up with Make your Mark as spoiler-free as possible, since I unintentionally saw some stuff that I shouldn’t have watched. I have the link that somebody here gave me two years ago which had everything G5 related (even Friendship is Magic related), but once I finish some commissions and I have time, I’ll catch up.
But so far, Make your Mark is very decent. The most prominent problems I had with the show were in chapter 2 and not much else with the exception of few episodes, like “The Manesquerade Ball” or “Bridlewoodstock”, but at least the structure is less episodic and more serialized. If people want episodic episodes, they should go watch Tell your Tale.
CloudMistDragon
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Artist -

Misty Shadow
@Cosmas-the-Explorer
Great comic, really cool how it’s done by the same person who did The End of King Sombra, a Sombra redemption masterpiece.
@Cosmas-the-Explorer
I think what they’d go for, considering Misty’s speech in Roots of All Evil, is Misty redeeming Sprout. :P With the upcoming TYT episode about Pipp and Posey, something like that could happen if they finally decided to put Sprout in TYT.
@Ring Team
The Manesquerade Ball was fantastic. Bridlewoodstock, I love too, but I get why it’s not everyone’s bag. And I don’t think MYM’s serialized plot structure is an issue most take with it, given that TYT Season 2 has actually been praised for feeling less episodic lately.
Dragonpone
Unamused - Derpi Supporter
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Elements of Harmony -
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Philomena - For helping others attend the 2021 community collab

Badge Dragon
@Mr.Myoozik
I find it funny out of context.
I find it annoying coming from the guy who destroyed Sunny’s home along with most of her and her dead parents’ worldly possessions and doesn’t even seem to feel bad about it.
Annoying egotistical protagonists can be fun (my favorite G4 character is Trixie) but they have to walk a line, and have to be more entertaining to the audience than they are unlikeable.
I was being slightly dramatic for the sake of the joke, though
CloudMistDragon
Artist -

Misty Shadow
@Mr.Myoozik
Annoying egotistical protagonists can be fun (my favorite G4 character is Trixie) but they have to walk a line, and have to be more entertaining to the audience than they are unlikeable.
Well, when we’re talking, “entertaining”, we’re talking something subjective. Like, very, VERY subjective. Plenty of people find Sprout’s unlikable antics entertaining. Remember when Posey was called a less entertaining Sprout? Pepperidge Farms remembers.
Oh yeah, and people do far worse things to make a mess at parties anyway. XD
Dragonpone
Unamused - Derpi Supporter
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony -
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Philomena - For helping others attend the 2021 community collab

Badge Dragon
@CloudMistDragon
Well in my subjective opinion, Sprout isn’t more entertaining than he is unlikeable. I don’t claim to be speaking for anyone but myself.
Honestly I find Posey and Sprout barely comparable; Posey has never done anything as bad as Sprout, she’s put forth more of an effort to better herself than Sprout, and she’s more sympathetic and justified in her attitude than Sprout. Half the time it’s the Mane 6 (Izzy) who start it.
Actually, you know who he really reminds of, is Teddy.
Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

Music/Charts Enthusiast
@Dragonpone
Yeah, that’s a character type that can be tricky to write cause oftentimes you’ll end up making an unlikeable character and any attempts at humor will fall flat. I would say that both Trixie and Sprout from what little screentime we’ve got from him walked that line well, at least to me.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide