My Little Pony: The Movie (and possible seventh season) Discussion

Amethyst_Crystal
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Goth Hippie Nerd Pony
I think there must be a seventh season,  
because as much as I’ve come to like Starlight Glimmer,  
It would feel pretty off-putting to end the series with the meta-focus over its last two seasons over Twilight’s rival-turned-apprentice.  
Maybe that’s just because she’s a controversial character, or at least her character development itself.

Personally, I would welcome a greater focus on exciting quests, rare as they are in this show nowadays.  
Maybe have the next season’s bookend story and related episodes take up that role.  
But even if it were mostly slice of life again, I would welcome it, IF they focus on loose plot and character threads. It just feels like there’s a few unfinished stories still.  
Hell, maybe even dare to make the whole season into 2-part stories (with a premiere and finale 3-parter)!

That being said, if they set out with this goal in mind to create a really satisfying 7th season, with a great conclusion to round out the series as a whole, then they can leave it at that.

Besides, I don’t think it’s wise to keep a series going that much longer. I feel there are already signs of wear and tear, though like a favorite stuffed toy, I still love it.

A 7th season would be great. 8 seasons might work out.  
I can’t imagine a 9th having anything substancial to offer, they may as well just do g4.5 or just skip to g5 at that point.
Vortaxonus

@Amethyst_Crystal  
Well, somebody brought up the second half of the discussion, the seventh season. Honestly, considering how season 6 popped up earlier then expected, I imagine the seventh will be too. Not sure how much of it will lead into the movie, if at all, though.
Vortaxonus

If there is a seventh (and onward) season(s), then Scootaloo’s or Rainbow’s parents will be revealed. Among similar lines, Starlight’s own parents will also be revealed (probably as villains to some extent, as it will make sense if they abused or at least neglected her, considering.)
Background Pony #478B
@Background Pony #A565
I don’t think the writers are that lazy. Being the big finale of gen 4, i would imagine they will try the “epic” half of it at least.

Oh, they are lazy. The most big and life changing moment of the movie will be friggin sea ponies. I’m looking more forward to season seven than this halfassed movie with average music.
Archonix
Donklight Sparkle - For supporting the site
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Economist -
Heart Gem -
Silver Supporter - Silver Patron
Thread Starter - Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice

Retired Ass
@Background Pony #DB9B

We know virtually nothing about the movie. The sea pony concept images only showed up at one convention and, iirc, haven’t been seen since.

I mean, you’re free to be as judgemental as you like, but you’re rejecting the film and embracing season 7 even though we know next to nothing about both.
Mad Black
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Speaking Fancy - For helping with translations
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Equestria Daily has more info now.  
My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic
Season 7 will continue to Discovery Family 
Mane 6 are still the focus 
"Most exciting adventures yet" Promised for season 7 
Equestria Girls
The three Equestria Girls specials are 22 minutes each, and straight to TV 
The Equestria Girls specials follow Legend of Everfree 
My Little Pony Movie Full Major Star List Revealed:
Uzo Aduba (Orange is the New Black) 
Emily Blunt (Into the Woods, Gnomeo & Juliet) 
Kristen Chenoweth (Rio 2, The Peanuts Movie),   
Taye Diggs (Murder in the First and Best Man Holiday),  
Michael Pena (Ant-Man, The Martian) 
Liev Schrieber (Ray Donovan and Spotlight) 
Sia. (Pop Star) 
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ministry of Image - Fanfiction Printing

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide