Stupid stuff that comes to mind that we want to post (pony version)

DerpyFast
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.

Looks like I tripped the breaker.
I don’t actually hate G4. (I might actually hate G4)
It’s more that I’m annoyed with people presenting the lore and worldbuilding as one of its strengths. And I’m annoyed that I used to do that too. I’m slowly working my way through the series to find out what I really think about it. After Season Three, I guess I’m just a little bit frustrated that Season Four hasn’t been the renaissance for the show that I remember it being.
But if it’s getting annoying, I’ll confine my complaining to my own thread.
Posted Report
WaynePonePone
Fluttershy - For supporting the site
Happy Derpy! - For site supporters
Gold Supporter - Gold Supporter
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab

Flutters Hitchy Glimglam
@DerpyFast
Honestly with how much people go “G4 was a lightning in a bottle. How dare G5 ruined its legacy! Here, I’ll fix it!”, I can understand this sentiment.
Posted Report
harasha456
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

The Cringemiester
reject humanity embrace bugpone… no seriously embrace bugpone they’re love eaters and need the snuggles to live.
Posted Report
DerpyFast
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.

@Background Pony #4DCE
So, I should probably explain where I’m coming from when it comes to worldbuilding.
Setting Details are things like history, the environment, magic, technology, etc. Worldbuilding is what you get when the storyteller puts some thought into what those details mean. They establish the setting details, and then do things that make the viewer go “Aha!”, or “Oh yeah, that is a thing they would do / that would happen!”
Pegasi control the weather and move clouds, so I think the fact that their city is made of clouds is a piece of genuinely good worldbuilding. A weather factory is kind of silly, but for a cute cartoon that’s not trying to take itself seriously, it’s actually kind of cool. It could have not explained it, but the fact that it’s made in a factory characterizes the pegasi as “industrious”.
“Tornado Duty” in Hurricane Fluttershy is also good worldbuilding. Another good example is how the unicorns used to move the stars, and this is reflected in the cosmic motif of Canterlot’s architecture. Or the way Starlight describes how to cast a transfiguration spell in All Bottled Up.
I love the Kirin. Kirin lore only has enough materiel for one episode, but they do a great job with it. It’s like a chibi version of a Star Trek episode.
When the lore is good, it’s good. But it’s not consistent enough to be a selling point. Really, the picture I posted is a criticism of people who use cherry-picking to make the lore seem better than it actually is.
Posted Report
Background Pony #4DCE
@DerpyFast
Okay I understand. Thanks for explaining. I was just a bit disgruntled.
And yeah I can especially agree with the Kirin.
And I think we can all agree there’s a few places in MLP that has some uh rough edges.
Latecomer

@Background Pony #13E3
Also, the cities are not plausible as “islands” while G4 was both lower-tech and with a national infrastructure behind it.
@Mr.Myoozik
I think G4 was very much character focused, even if not in an “arcs” sort of way. Worldbuilding was plot scaffolding and ornamentation.
Latecomer

@DerpyFast
Besides it’s own virtue, a key aspect can be “developability”. That there’s enough of a base to build vast fan edifices on and have it feel like it makes sense with canon.
Jonny Manz
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

I am who I am
I checked the Prime release of ANG (since I had purchased it on that platform) to see if it supported the X-ray functionality, and it did. I then checked the trivia listed just out of curiosity, and while there were a couple good points, most of it was either super obvious, showed a lack of media literacy IMO, or was factually incorrect in at least one aspect. For that last category, the one that stuck out the most to me was the claim that the movie was only released theatrically in Russia, when it released theatrically in several Asian countries as well (such as Singapore and South Korea).
Also, there was one trivia point that, as soon as I saw it, I knew it would piss Wayne off.
@DerpyFast
Yeah, that last point is the part I found objectionable too
Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

Music Connoisseur
@DerpyFast
Late to the conversation but I’ll still throw in my two cents in the hat.
You do make good points regarding G4’s spotty worldbuilding and lore since most of it does leave a lot to be desired and can definitely feel underutilized and I understand the feeling of trying to understand something that a lot like and that you disagree with. However, there is a difference between debating with someone and debunking someone’s claims when it comes to these types of opinions. You can discuss and debate this with others of course, but trying to make it look like what others are saying is objectively wrong and doing everything to prove them wrong doesn’t make for a great conversation and can make others see you differently such as what happened in the previous page. Importantly, repeating it over and over when we all clearly know your thoughts isn’t a good look either. You’re obviously entitled to your opinion like all of us are and I’m not gonna shame you for it, but maybe ease it down on constantly bringing up the whole G4 lore thing if you don’t want others to complain?
WaynePonePone
Happy Derpy! - For site supporters
Gold Supporter - Gold Supporter
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab

Flutters Hitchy Glimglam
@Jonny Manz
Don’t watch it on Disney plus! They censor a bunch of stuff and some episodes aren’t up! I think watching it on iveiw ABC with a VPN is the best option if you don’t want to be a pirate.
@Mr.Myoozik
Sprout the kind of pony to turn the light back on to go to sleep when it’s his lamp that is on.
(Yeah, I’ve done this before.)
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide