Vinyl doesn't talk.

Lock247

The whole Mute Vinyl thing really bugs me. I know, it might have happened since Hasbro can’t get Nowacking to do the voice, but so what? Nobody whined about BaldDumboRat not voicing Derpy in Slice Of Life, so I don’t see why Vinyl should be unable to talk just because of a popular fanon voice actress. Not to mention that Fanon Vinyl is pretty much dead now, seeing as how the recent fanfics out are about the mute Canon version and there haven’t been any fan videos about the character. It makes me sad, honestly. I loved the Vinyl and Octavia duo because of the interactions and personality’s, and making one of them into a mute kills that. You can’t get those kind of funny interactions if the Wild Party Animal character is completely silent.

And I also want to point out that the “She expresses herself through music, not words” is not original or groundbreaking like people claim it to be, as it’s been done to death in just about any music-based show/movie/whatever. The Party Animal characterization isn’t original or new either, but I’m not pretending that it is. I’m sorry if I sound rude. I’m just really bitter over all of this.
ColdhardSilver
Thread Starter - Cartoon/Western Animation General

Culture Vulture
@Lock247  
“ I know, it might have happened since Hasbro can’t get Nowacking to do the voice, but so what? Nobody whined about BaldDumboRat not voicing Derpy in Slice Of Life”  
Where did idea even come from and why is it so popular?  
Why would Hasbro hire her when they could get someone else for whatever number of reason?

“so I don’t see why Vinyl should be unable to talk just because of a popular fanon voice actress”  
I don’t see why they would choose a popular fanon VA in the first place based solely on their popularity in a piece fan material and not on her merits as a professional VA and even then that’s brushing aside the possibility that the Vinyl they wanted isn’t the Vinyl she portrays.

“I loved the Vinyl and Octavia duo because of the interactions and personality’s, and making one of them into a mute kills that.”  
You loved the popular fan-made interpretations of Vinyl and Octavia.  
Before Slice of Life and Rainbow Rocks we didn’t know much about Vinyl so we just made fan works of our interpretations of her based upon what scraps we got from the source material.

“You can’t get those kind of funny interactions if the Wild Party Animal character is completely silent.”  
Not in the same way in at the very least.

“And I also want to point out that the….”  
Who’s said that? Who’s pretending if someone genuinely believe it to be such?
DragonBoi471
Duck - Does Anypony Else even feel like Reading What I Say?
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

*Durgon Noises*
Not to mention that Fanon Vinyl is pretty much dead now, seeing as how the recent fanfics out are about the mute Canon version and there haven’t been any fan videos about the character.

Well, in that case, before this thread can continue, let’s have our mandatory moment of silence in honor of the passing of one of the community’s most beloved creations: Fanon Vinyl Scratch.

Starting now.

cough

COUGH!

Okay, good. Rest in Piece Fanon Vinyl; you will be dearly missed.  
Thanks MA Larson.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Sky Railroad Merch Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide