What Would You Change About the Show?

Pony Discussion » What Would You Change About the Show? Search Posts
image0

I wouldn’t really change much (I know, I’m boring,) but there is one thing that’s been bugging me since it first showed up: The trains. I’d like to see more realistic trains, because honestly, they’re kind of ridiculous. Now, I’m not saying give them hyper-realistic dirty grittiness what was the handmaiden of wood/coal fired steam locomotives; they can still be all pink and frilly. I’m talking about more realistic designs for the locomotives, the rolling stock, and even the right-of-way.

Frankly all of this would contribute absolutely nothing to the show, but it would make the dozen-or-so railfans what watch FiM happy.
Johnnywest
Duck -

I would alter Maud Pies’s episode, so that it instead of Maud chiseling the boulder down, Pinkie will slide down the rockslide during the demo.
Ferrotter
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Celebrity cameos. Every episode, the Ponies should solve a friendship problem with the aid of a popular musical act, athlete, or teen heartthrob actor.
Wiimeiser
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
Wallet After Summer Sale -
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag

(Foil Hat)
@Ferrotter  
That’s probably what would happen if Al Jean replaces McCarthy. Then again, given what the latter’s been through with bullies, it’s the best chance we have at learning what Diamond Tiara’s motive is…
Red-Supernova
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Betrayal! - Betrayed their team for a badge. Shame forever!
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Thread Starter - The Mega Man thread!
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.

Passionate opinionator
As much as I love FiM, there’s no doubt that I would definitely change some things to fit my liking. (And hopefully others’.) Some of the posts on here have stated personal changes that match some of my personal changes but nobody minds if I say them in my own words, right?

1. More Celestia, Cadance and Shining Armor screentime. This is a no-brainer from people who’ve seen me rant about this issue before. :P I consider them to be just as important as the Mane Six, Spike, the Crusaders and even Luna. I don’t care what type of episode they’re in, I would like to see something done with them.  
  2. Boost the TV-Y rating to TV-Y7. MLP:FiM still has loads of untapped potential and I feel that the TV-Y rating will just hold them back from doing anything big like what other popular cartoons are doing nowadays. I would hate to see FiM get left in the dust compared to the other show’s growth. Plus, the target demographic of FiM most likely watches Adventure Time, Gravity Falls, Steven Universe, etc. as well. No reason for FiM to be held back.  
  3. If Discord is going to remain a good guy on the show, then reformations should eventually be given to Queen Chrysalis, Lightning Dust and The Dazzlings. Not sudden reformations obviously, but having them work for their redemptions just as Sunset Shimmer did.  
  4. (Friendship Games spoiler up ahead!) || A final showdown against Principal Cinch right after Midnight Sparkle is defeated. Have her break down by stealing the Equestria Magic for herself in which Sunset and Human Twilight team up for one more fight. ||
Da5ch
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.

1. More Celestia, Cadance and Shining Armor screentime. This is a no-brainer from people who’ve seen me rant about this issue before. :P I consider them to be just as important as the Mane Six, Spike, the Crusaders and even Luna. I don’t care what type of episode they’re in, I would like to see something done with them.

THIS. As a fellow Celestia lover I’m gonna go ahead and agree with something you’ve said before that I already agree with you on: we need a freakin’ Celestia episode. I love Luna to death and Twilight too, but Celestia and Cadance are WAY underrated as episode material goes.

You’d think in all the time that the writers are making episodes about Luna, the Apple family and the CMCs (hell, even DISCORD’s getting his own episodes now! T’ain’t fair…) they’d at least have the courtesy to make at least one episode with Celly as the main focus.

And writers, if you pander to the bad bronies who enjoy making Trollestia, tyrant and moon jokes when you finally do make our much-desired Celestia episode, I will eat your souls.

1. Boost the TV-Y rating to TV-Y7. MLP:FiM still has loads of untapped potential and I feel that the TV-Y rating will just hold them back from doing anything big like what other popular cartoons are doing nowadays. I would hate to see FiM get left in the dust compared to the other show’s growth. Plus, the target demographic of FiM most likely watches Adventure Time, Gravity Falls, Steven Universe, etc. as well. No reason for FiM to be held back.

Hmm, this one’s interesting, and as much as I’d like to see this, I unfortunately don’t think it’s gonna happen anytime soon, if at all. Mostly because the show’s target demographic seems to include VERY young children, like three to six-year-olds, not just the older children who are I dunno, 7 to 14 and who are the ones who also watch those other shows you just mentioned and whose tastes in what they want to see in the show are probably a bit more similar to what the adult fans want to see.

But as long as the target demographic is including toddlers and other kids well under the age of seven, I highly doubt MLP will ever bump its rating up to Y7, as much as I agree with you that good things may come of it. However, what if only some episodes got a Y7 rating, sorta like how most Simpsons episodes are rated TV-PG but some can go up to TV-14 in rare cases.

1. If Discord is going to remain a good guy on the show, then reformations should eventually be given to Queen Chrysalis, Lightning Dust and The Dazzlings. Not sudden reformations obviously, but having them work for their redemptions just as Sunset Shimmer did.

Again, couldn’t agree more. I personally think Sunset’s redemption was WAY more interesting, realistic and well-done than goddamn Discord’s redemption. I mean I find it unfair how Discord was pretty much shown to be pure evil from the get-go, and did FAR worse things than Sunset had ever done (well, I’m not ignoring the fact that she wanted to brainwash the CHS students and use them as an army to invade Equestria, but still…I highly doubt that would have accomplished anything.) Sunset’s damage pretty much stayed confined to Canterlot High, while Discord pretty much f*cked over all of Equestria…and yet poor Sunny has to suffer through all the pain she’s caused (not saying that’s a bad thing though…remember I think her redemption was done perfectly) yet Discord wanted to turn all of Equestria into his personal playground and presumably enslave and torture innocent ponies just for fun…but unlike the realism and feels of Sunset’s story, Discord was pretty much redeemed all in one episode (Keep Calm and Flutter On) and the audience is expected to forgive him just like that! Clearly fandom pandering at its worst.

As for redeeming LD, Chryssie and the Dazzlings, I can’t agree more with everything you wrote. It really hurts that Hasbro had thought to do an EqG spinoff movie or show or something with them in it, but decided against it because they didn’t think they’d be “popular” enough, and of course the whole “rushed ending” roadapples with Wonderbolt Academy where they cut out Lightning Dust’s redemption at the last minute just to fit in one last forced and annoying Pinkie joke.

1. (Friendship Games spoiler up ahead!) || A final showdown against Principal Cinch right after Midnight Sparkle is defeated. Have her break down by stealing the Equestria Magic for herself in which Sunset and Human Twilight team up for one more fight. ||

Unfortunately I really don’t know what to say to this one, aside from I am all for some epic DBZ-style team-up between Midnight Sparkle and Daydream Shimmer to take down a transformed Cinch as the big bad. I loved Midnight’s and Daydream’s designs, and wished they got more screentime than just three or so minutes.
Background Pony #89F0
also I always thought if equestria girls got a series or miniseries it be TV-PG it be to MLP FIM what torchwood is to doctor who
Red-Supernova
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Passionate opinionator
@Red-Supernova
THIS. As a fellow Celestia lover I’m gonna go ahead and agree with something you’ve said before that I already agree with you on: we need a freakin’ Celestia episode. I love Luna to death and Twilight too, but Celestia and Cadance are WAY underrated as episode material goes.
You’d think in all the time that the writers are making episodes about Luna, the Apple family and the CMCs (hell, even DISCORD’s getting his own episodes now! T’ain’t fair…) they’d at least have the courtesy to make at least one episode with Celly as the main focus.
And writers, if you pander to the bad bronies who enjoy making Trollestia, tyrant and moon jokes when you finally do make our much-desired Celestia episode, I will eat your souls.

The concept of a Celestia-centered episode isn’t foreign to the writers but you think they would have came up with a couple by now!  
At least with Discord’s “episodes”, Celestia or Cadance have the common sense to show up.

Hmm, this one’s interesting, and as much as I’d like to see this, I unfortunately don’t think it’s gonna happen anytime soon, if at all. Mostly because the show’s target demographic seems to include VERY young children, like three to six-year-olds, not just the older children who are I dunno, 7 to 14 and who are the ones who also watch those other shows you just mentioned and whose tastes in what they want to see in the show are probably a bit more similar to what the adult fans want to see.
But as long as the target demographic is including toddlers and other kids well under the age of seven, I highly doubt MLP will ever bump its rating up to Y7, as much as I agree with you that good things may come of it. However, what if only some episodes got a Y7 rating, sorta like how most Simpsons episodes are rated TV-PG but some can go up to TV-14 in rare cases.

So unless three to six year old kids want to see the show boosted up to Y7, then we’re just boned?

Again, couldn’t agree more. I personally think Sunset’s redemption was WAY more interesting, realistic and well-done than goddamn Discord’s redemption. I mean I find it unfair how Discord was pretty much shown to be pure evil from the get-go, and did FAR worse things than Sunset had ever done (well, I’m not ignoring the fact that she wanted to brainwash the CHS students and use them as an army to invade Equestria, but still…I highly doubt that would have accomplished anything.) Sunset’s damage pretty much stayed confined to Canterlot High, while Discord pretty much f*cked over all of Equestria…and yet poor Sunny has to suffer through all the pain she’s caused (not saying that’s a bad thing though…remember I think her redemption was done perfectly) yet Discord wanted to turn all of Equestria into his personal playground and presumably enslave and torture innocent ponies just for fun…but unlike the realism and feels of Sunset’s story, Discord was pretty much redeemed all in one episode (Keep Calm and Flutter On) and the audience is expected to forgive him just like that! Clearly fandom pandering at its worst.
As for redeeming LD, Chryssie and the Dazzlings, I can’t agree more with everything you wrote. It really hurts that Hasbro had thought to do an EqG spinoff movie or show or something with them in it, but decided against it because they didn’t think they’d be “popular” enough, and of course the whole “rushed ending” roadapples with Wonderbolt Academy where they cut out Lightning Dust’s redemption at the last minute just to fit in one last forced and annoying Pinkie joke.

Don’t forget! Discord also gets “extra love points” for being voiced by a celebrity!  
Chrysalis did become popular after A Canterlot Wedding though but Hasbro needed a reoccurring antagonist for the Mane Six to fight.  
I would REALLY like to find out what was the real reason was for changing Wonderbolts Academy’s first draft ending.

Unfortunately I really don’t know what to say to this one, aside from I am all for some epic DBZ-style team-up between Midnight Sparkle and Daydream Shimmer to take down a transformed Cinch as the big bad. I loved Midnight’s and Daydream’s designs, and wished they got more screentime than just three or so minutes.

Its really annoying when the show’s cool transformations don’t last for very long.
Jarkes
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Thread Starter - Transformers Thread

GOKAAAAI... SILVER!
@Red-Supernova

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again: given Lightning Dust’s behavior in Wonderbolts Academy, the original draft’s ending had her redemption happen FAR too quickly, and is something that I think would’ve been even worse than Discord or Sunset Shimmer’s rushed redemption. Lightning Dust’s redemption would be better saved for a later episode rather than having her go a complete 180 in less than 2 minutes.

Also, I do not believe Chrysalis herself is redeemable. Changelings in general, maybe; we’ve already seen that not every Changeling is necessarily evil with the one who was at Cranky’s wedding. But Chrysalis herself is pure evil.
Red-Supernova
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Passionate opinionator
@Jarkes  
Ok, you have a point with Lightning Dust. I would be fine if they left her redemption for a later episode. Its just that the reason why I’m defensive of her is because her episode made a big impact on my best brony friend and I’m very supportive of him.

I respect your opinion. I just think that she has more potential to be redeemed than Discord did.

@Background Pony #A95F  
Well too bad. Discord has barely shown any reason on why he should be redeemable.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Pony Arts & Prints!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide