MYMC05E6: Nightmare on Mane Street Reaction Script (B): Prep for NMN

Background Pony #C9EA
Pipp Petals: Soooo? What’s everypony’s Nightmare Night costume?
Butler: In keeping with the royal family Nightmare Night traditions, I will be wearing the attire of one of the most renowned historical figures of Equestria…
Foster Twins: Auntie Moonbow??
Butler: NO NO NO NO NO NO! Headmaster Moonbow the Omnipotent Great-Thinker!
Professor: HEY, I heard about her! Did you know Elder Flower is actually her great-great-great-great niece?
Background Pony #C9EA
Pipp Petals: I’ll start! I’m dressing up as a scary witch, not a cute witch! Mom would never let us go full spooky at home, so I’m makin’ up for it.
Butler: What is even regarded as a real witch these days? It is incomprehensible to witness Equestrian society went from cowering in fear of magic-brewing enchantresses who can transform ponies into their worst nightmares, to crowding in venues to see “magical mares” in lecherous unrefined clothing who barely hit their teenage years!
Background Pony #C9EA
Zipp Storm: And I’m gonna be a vampony!
Inspector Mare: OOH, that IS certainly frightening! It reminds me of that archived story of how one of the Great Six was transformed into a vampony while trying to wipe out a scourge of zombie fruit bats, but was fortunately saved by after she was hosed down with holy water enchanted by the Princess Twilight’s friendship blessing!
Butler: What are YOU going to be dressed as, Inspector?
Inspector Mare: I haven’t figured it out yet. This is the first time I get to participate in the festivities instead of just working to set them up. Before Miss Starscout came into the picture, I was only employed to keep the lights and party pyrotechnics running as a maintenance pony.
Background Pony #C9EA
Izzy Moonbow: GOOD GOURDS!
Hitch Trailblazer: AHH!
Foster Twins: IT’S SO SHIIINNNYY!!!!
Izzy Moonbow: That’s what I’m dressing up as. My favorite gourds. Because they’re all too precious to just pick one.
Foster Twins: And we’re dressing up like the golden gourds from the party game!!
Filly Twin: Miss Moonbow will help us with gluing all the golden glitter on our costumes!
Professor: Isn’t that going to confuse the party participants though??
Colt Twin: That’s the point, silly! We will act as decoys while my twin sister snatches the REAL golden pumpkin!
Foster Twins: It’s the perfect ultimate plan!! This mystery prize will be OURS!!!
Background Pony #C9EA
Izzy Moonbow: And Hitch, stop sneaking around and tell us what you’re gonna be!
Colt Twin: OOH OOH OOH, is it going to be cowboy??!!
Filly Twin: Or maybe a flowery-maned princess??!!
small
Deputy Mare: I’m not here to play dress-up, lil’ ponies. The only costume I’ll be wearing will just be my regular uniform––plus a patch that will idenify me as a PUCAS…
Background Pony #C9EA
Hitch Trailblazer: I’m gonna be a pirate with my trusty parrot Sparky!
Sparky Sparkeroni: Heyo! [gurgling]
Sunny Starscout: You’re the cutest parrot I’ve ever seen!
Pipp Petals: Who’s a parrot? You’re a parrot! Yeah, you are!
Izzy Moonbow: So cute!
Professor: Does Sparky wanna cracker??!
Butler: HO HO!! I really adore the plumage, Sir Sparkeroni!
Foster Twins: AWWWW!!! I want him riding on my shoulders!
small
Inspector Mare: I’m kinda surprised YOU’RE not joining Hitch’s crew, sister! You already had the eyepatch ready—AND that mechanical peg leg too!
small
Deputy Mare: I would like to, but I don’t associate myself with criminals, especially those that like to attack by sea or by air
Background Pony #C9EA
Hitch Trailblazer: PHEW!
small
Deputy Mare: OH, great idea, Captain Obvious! NOPONY will expect to find a golden pumpkin—IN a field patch of PUMPKINS!
It could work. You know the old saying: “hide a needle in a stack of needles”.
Deputy Mare: You just pulled that out of your own flank hole!
LordFlareon
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).

small
Deputy Mare: OH, great idea, Captain Obvious! NOPONY will expect to find a golden pumpkin—IN a field patch of PUMPKINS!
I assure you I didn’t.
Background Pony #C9EA
Sparky Sparkeroni: [gurgling]
[Golden pumpkin suddenly disappears]
Sparky Sparkeroni: [panicked gurgling]
Deputy Mare: Not now, ya squawkin’ siren salamander! There’s no time to hunt for candy when we got important work to do!
Hitch Trailblazer: You’re really nailing this whole “parrot thing”! Great job, buddy!
[More pumpkins magically disappearing]
Sparky Sparkeroni: [panicked gurgling]
Hitch Trailblazer: [laughs]
Deputy Mare: OKAY OKAY OKAY! I promise I’ll teach you how to proper Ponish when we get to the station, so you could finally annoy us in a more congruent manner!
Heheh, rookies! Am I right??
Background Pony #C9EA
small
I assure you I didn’t.
Deputy Mare: Whatever! The main point is he needs to relocate that golden pumpkin into somewhere less—-conspicuous!
Background Pony #C9EA
Pipp Petals: Mom always said, “Princesses are sophisticated, not spooky.” But I’ve been flexing my scary side ever since I got here.
(Shows off jack-o-lantern)
Foster Twins: AAAAAAHHHHHHHH, IT’S A THREE-EYED CHICKEEENNNN!!!!!!!!
Butler: OH drat! That was SUPPOSED to be a phantasmic poltergeist!! We really need to practice on our craftsmareship…
Izzy Moonbow: [screams] UUUUUUGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH!
(Izzy faints)
Rebel Activist: OH MY HOOFNESS!! ARE YOU OKAY??!!!
Inspector Mare: Heheheeh, it looks Miss Moonbow is actually chicken for chickens!
Background Pony #C9EA
Butler: Oooh Dear! I knew I never should had let you watch those horror livestream video gameplays past midnight!
Inspector Mare: To be fair, she did say she was going to spill the beans about you hording ALL the jelly beans from the Royal Nightmare Night banquet…
Butler: Oi, I was feeling quite peckish that day! It was the only food I could smuggle without ruining my attire!
Background Pony #C9EA
Misty: Wait, so you ponies like being scared?
Professor: As long as it’s all in the name of fantasy, being spooked to the core heightens our adrenaline levels as we experience a wide range of emotions. When the perceived “danger” is over, our bodies releases a rush of dopamine, making us feel very satisfied with the unsuspecting experience. It’s known as the “Safe Room” effect.
Rebel Activist: In other words, being scared with your furs standing on end equals a super fun time, so long as there is no actual danger involved, of course!
Background Pony #C9EA
Pipp Petals: —-I’m planning the super-detailed haunted house of my dreams! I mean, nightmares! I’m turning the Crystal Brighthouse into… the Crystal Frighthouse!
Zipp Storm: Nicely done.
Butler: MY MY!! Excellent choice of a title, Princess! Even hearing that name gives ME the crawlie-sprawlies! HRBRHRBRHBRH!
Inspector Mare:HEHE, not bad, yer Spookiness!
Pipp Petals: Thank you. I was working on that rhyme all week.
Professor: I could’ve just lend you my old rhyming dictionary…
Background Pony #C9EA
Izzy Moonbow: I love this idea, Pipp! What can we do to help?
Filly Twin: OOH OOH, I wanna do hoof painting!

Colt Twin: I can help carry the scary cardboard!
Izzy Moonbow: [gasps] Should I peel a bowl full of grapes and say they’re eyeballs?!
Rebel Activist: May I help with cutting up some green rice paper to simulate splattered ectoplasm!?
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Champions of Equestria

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide