Merge 'slendermane' and 'slenderpony'

Tagging Discussion » Merge 'slendermane' and 'slenderpony' Search Posts
Background Pony #48C2
Was about to post a new thread about this, but found this one.
The character itself: slender man alias-> slenderman
Either ponified Slenderman, or a “species” for slenderman-esque pony characters that aren’t supposed to be the Slenderman such as in >>540564: slenderpony
Thoughts?
Different puns for ponified Slenderman - probably better to go with the non-gendered slendermane. Depending on the decision above, slenderpony may or may not be part of this merge:
slendermane <-> slendermare
↪ imply slenderman, ponified
⬑ alias slender mane, slender mare into whichever is picked out of the above
Extra question:
slender appears to be tagged both in reference to Slenderman-related posts, and slim anatomy. As far as I can tell, “slender” has been used as a prefix for various Slenderman-related media (eg. “Slender: The Arrival”, “Slender Rising”, or “Slender: The Eight Pages” [“originally titled ‘Slender’”]) but is not typically used alone to refer to Slenderman-related stuff.
If someone knows otherwise, please say so, I’m no expert on Slenderman stuff. Otherwise, I’d recommend untagging slender from Slenderman-related posts, and potentially substituting “slender: the eight pages” if the post clearly references that game (again, I wouldn’t be able to tell, so someone who knows better, please go ahead.)
Dragonpone
Unamused - Derpi Supporter
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Elements of Harmony -
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Philomena - For helping others attend the 2021 community collab

Badge Dragon
The character itself: slender man alias-> slenderman
Might actually be better to alias into the former, that seems to be the more “official” formatting.
Either ponified Slenderman, or a “species” for slenderman-esque pony characters that aren’t supposed to be the Slenderman such as in >>540564: slenderpony
Thoughts?
Different puns for ponified Slenderman - probably better to go with the non-gendered slendermane. Depending on the decision above, slenderpony may or may not be part of this merge:
slendermane <-> slendermare
↪ imply slenderman, ponified
⬑ alias slender mane, slender mare into whichever is picked out of the above
Here’s where it get confusing…given it appears in-series it should have a character tag (and I could’ve sworn it already was at some point). The result of previous discussion backs up slendermane as the way to go, and is also the version the wiki chooses. IMO should be set up like this:
  • Slendermane: character tag, implies slender man and ponified
  • Slender Man: works the same way many of our current not-pony-related characters do where it covers any context of the character, including stuff before the canon appearance and unique versions separate from slendermane.
    Basically “Slender Man” is the rick sanchez and “Slendermane” is the pony rick.
  • Mayyyyyybe Slenderpony could stay a sort of species tag to cover stuff like >>540564. As far as I know other stuff like “The Thing” ponifications get by fine with the thing and alien tags, but I can live with it if kept.
Done.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Techy Cutie Pony Collection!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide