General topic for character tag categorization

Frustration in Excelsis
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
Artist -
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac -

Worldbuilding Addict
@Dogman15  
I was assuming people were waiting for the official release of the episode, so as to have a non-leak source to base the merger off of, before officially merging the two tags.

Unless the official promos included her name, in which case never mind.
Vree
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Derpibooru Premium - Learn about the benefits of subscribing to Derpibooru Premium membership at https://derpibo
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

@Frustration in Excelsis  
Yo man, I noticed you created a bunch of “older (character)” tags?

However we already have “older”+”(character tag)”. My main issue tho is that if you’re only gonna tag it on a handful of those and not all then why tag them at all? It’ll only mislead those who are looking for every picture.

Creating those tags seems like an unneeded complication to me, DB always tried to keep a minimum needed number of tags policy.
Vree
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Derpibooru Premium - Learn about the benefits of subscribing to Derpibooru Premium membership at https://derpibo
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

@mav  
I’d rather just not have them at all tbh.

If you are gonna create one tho, then search for “older” +”(character)” and make sure all are tagged, and it’s probably a good idea to put up a request to have them Imply “older”, “(character)” too.

“older Spike” and “older Flurry Heart” are main characters so they may be easier to maintain, but I don’t like the idea of having dozens of child pony tags to have to keep up to date. Go ahead though if you think you’ll be able to do it, just don’t do a half job and leave it at that. Go one tag a time.
Dogman15
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Non-Fungible Trixie -

I'm not famous.
@mav  
And the funny thing is, “Slendermane” was a gag thrown in by a layout artist without approval, not caught until the episode aired, and they were reprimanded (at least), with rumors that they might have been fired, maybe. (Considerably more serious that moving one eye of Derpy off-camera before a layout shift caused her to be visible.)
cheezedoodle
Roll for Initiative - For Patreon supporters
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
The Power of Love - Given to a publicly verified artist with an image under their artist’s tag that has reached 1000 upvotes
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Thread Starter - OC Tag Description Requests
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
The Magic of Friendship Grows - For helping others attend the 2020 Community Collab
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
Silver Bit -

TagZombie: AC15, Atk +8
@Vree  
@mav

This isn’t the thread for that, you should probably create a new one.

@mav  
@Dogman15

I suppose there’s no harm in giving them character status even if they are fictional, but I took the story to be true, myself.

However I don’t think slendermane should be a character. Pony Rick and Pony Morty actually appeared in a scene and weren’t snuck in surreptitiously.
deactivatedae30d822
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday
Artist -

so here’s a bit of an odd question. since other fictional magical ponies (think the two from ducktales and amalthea) are uploaded unded “community related” allowance, like the tfh characters - could it be possible for them to gain blue tags as well? this random thought came into my head earlier so i thought i’d inquire
cheezedoodle
The Power of Love - Given to a publicly verified artist with an image under their artist’s tag that has reached 1000 upvotes
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Non-Fungible Trixie -
The Magic of Friendship Grows - For helping others attend the 2020 Community Collab
Silver Bit -

@mav  
so here’s a bit of an odd question. since other fictional magical ponies (think the two from ducktales and amalthea) are uploaded unded “community related” allowance, like the tfh characters - could it be possible for them to gain blue tags as well? this random thought came into my head earlier so i thought i’d inquire

Nah. The duck tales pics are here because they are a pony reference, not because they are community-related (which is a very specific tag for TFH and a few rare other things). They’re similar to the pics of Raven’s ponies from Teen Titans Go, the “Equestranauts” from Bob’s Burgers, Princess Kenny and his unicorn from South park, etc. See the pony reference tag.
cheezedoodle
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Silver Bit -

@EPPony  
He is actually credited as Band Pony in the one episode he appeared in. Those tags should probably be aliased together.

He was originally supposed to be Cloud Chaser, and the mare we know as Cloud Chaser was actually supposed to be Storm Walker, but the names got goofed up somehow. This page explains it pretty well: http://mlp.wikia.com/wiki/Cloud_Chaser

Not thunderlane and Band Pony were funnier than whatever other fan names anyone came up with.
The Equestrian Zodiac
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Thread Starter - Started a thread with over 100 pages
Wallet After Summer Sale -

Witch Dagger!
@cheezedoodle  
I don’t agree with aliasing Not Thunderlane into that, since that could cause issues when another character or oc that looks like Thunderlane from a the thumbnail is posted.

Plus, I do agree with LightningBolt, Thunderclap is a legit name that works for him.
Frustration in Excelsis
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
Artist -

Worldbuilding Addict
I don’t agree with aliasing Not Thunderlane into that, since that could cause issues when another character or oc that looks like Thunderlane from a the thumbnail is posted.

Looking at the tag and the tag’s history, “not-thunderlane” doesn’t seem to have ever been used for anyone other than Thunderclap in the three years that the tag has existed. I don’t think it’s terribly likely that it would be used for someone else.

Even if the “not-thunderlane” tag is kept, though, it should not be a blue tag. While I can understand a need for a “this is not Character x” disclaimer like “not trixie”, “not rainbow dash” etcetera serve as if this was used more broadly, blue tags by definition refer to a specific characters. “not-thunderlane” as a blue tag refers to a character named not-Thunderlane, not to characters that happen to look like Thunderlane. If it stays, it should be a green tag.
cheezedoodle
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Silver Bit -

@EPPony  
@Frustration in Excelsis

At the time I had only ever seen not-X tags used for specific background/secondary characters that resembled other canon characters, but now I realize they get used on OCs frequently.

Maybe they should make their OCs more distinct…
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
KilianKuro Commissions!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide