Ask the mods anything

Ciaran
ラ・ゼッタ - For supporting the site
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

Senior Moderator
友情は魔法だ
@Goku Black
Personally, I’ll pay a premium to get my stuff printed locally, with people I can actually meet with face-to-face and see previews before I pay for the whole run. And then once it’s good, I’m happy to pay the extra to get personalized service, and to support a local business.
But, there’s also VistaPrint - and if you keep the order open for 8 or more hours, they keep giving you more and more coupons and special deals on whatever is in your shopping cart until basically you’re only paying for shipping.
And, their quality is exactly what you’re going to expect from a bulk printer.
streets of major cities
Remember to check local busking laws.
Amphibian Swamp
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!

Don’t think this question is important enough or serious enough for the other thread
Anyway. I’m aware that in a single thread. If one person posted as themselves and as a BG on purpose. That’s a no no. But what if someone who usually posted under their username wanted to start posting as a BG completely? Not both at the same time. Going straight from username only to BG only?
If someone posted as themselves normally. But after an incident in a certain thread. Would they be breaking the rules if they started posting as BG only in that thread? But still as themselves in others?
I wanna respect these rules. But also want to partake in a thread without anyone knowing it’s me. Yes I know there’s the rules, but sometimes people need to ask questions to understand. Or have things explained to them
The Smiling Pony
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡° )
@Stormy Hooves
The rule is to not try to appear to be multiple people, which primarily means responding to yourself, agreeing with yourself, or pushing opposing ideas in order to create discord even if neither “account” directly refers to the other.
Switching from one to another, or even carrying two different conversations / themes at the same time, is fine (so long as they don’t intersect, then you gotta choose until they split).
Ciaran
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).

Senior Moderator
友情は魔法だ
Unless, like, someone has a history of sockpuppetting and has been asked to stop. Then it’s better if they please just pick one way or the other. Otherwise it can happen that one of us have to go through all their recent posts in a thread and reverse engineer what’s going on, and which presentation or voice was replying to which conversation. When others don’t know the two different presentations or “voices” or “instances” of one person are really the same person, it’s easy for the person posting two or more ways to end up having multiple replies to the same other person but from different “presentations” or “instances” of themselves, and otherwise separate “conversations” become one big ball of tangled string.
Some people don’t have any problem pulling or off. For some others, it can go really wrong really fast.
And if one of the instances is breaking rules, like Rule #0 in one heated conversation, but the other is not in their own, separate conversation in the same thread, it’s hard to deal with the rule breaking instance without outing all the instances as one person.
Amphibian Swamp

Not annoyed or anything. Just a bit confused. In the “Ask Mods Important Questions” thread. I asked a question but then reported it for being deleted
What was the point of answering the question if it was gonna be deleted anyway? Wouldn’t it be a bit easier to assume I didn’t want an answer (which I kinda did. But deleted it for a reason to maybe repost later or something) and move on?
Just curious. Because if I knew if someone wanted to answer it I wouldn’t have reported it
Would it also be okay if I reposted it here? Or would you like me to rewrite the question to make it a bit more simple?
Ciaran

Senior Moderator
友情は魔法だ
What was the point of answering the question if it was gonna be deleted anyway?
How was I supposed to know you were going to ask to have the question deleted?
If you don’t want an answer, then don’t post a question in the “serious questions” thread.
And the answer won’t change no matter where or how you ask - I already explained what was wrong with your comments. None of your speculatives and hypotheticals have anything to do why you were asked to stop, or why your comments were deleted.
Amphibian Swamp

@Ciaran
Oh. Sorry. Thought you answered after it was deleted and must have assumed that all mods could see if a comment was reported for deletion. I did actually want a serious answer, that’s why I posted it there. Because I was told to. Anyway, it originally was deleted because I made a horrible typo and I felt horrible about it and editing it wouldn’t have made it better. So I requested it to be deleted so the typo would go away
Because of the thread title. I took it very seriously. That’s why I ask questions here instead of there. It feels right. But I guess I shouldn’t have trusted whoever told me I should post serious questions there. Sorry
saby
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
A Perfectly Normal Pony - Red is Sprout, yellow is Hitch, you are a lout, and also a bitch.
Speaking Fancy - Badge given to members that help with translations
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -

extra fun at parties
@Stormy Hooves
I’m not 100% familiar with your case but if you want to ask staff for their personal preferences about what sort of comments they like the best, this thread is best for that. If you want to ask staff what sorts of comments are acceptable on images, on a rules and rule enforcement sort of grounds, there’s really not a thread for that. Staff can’t pre-emptively approve entire categories of comments.
Usually, when someone asks us “am I allowed to comment at all on images with Spike?” or “is making jokes forbidden now?” that user is either making a bad-faith argument, or sincerely doesn’t understand why their previous comment was deleted. For example, they left a bunch of comments detailing why they hate Spike on random Spike images (against rule #4 and #6), or they were making jokes in a way that breaks rules such as #0/4/6).
There’s no benefit in staff saying “of course you’re allowed to comment on images no matter what character is shown” or “jokes are okay”, regardless of why the user asked that to begin with. At best the user’s confusion isn’t helped at all, at worst it’s just playing into a belligerent person’s mind games.
So, if you want to understand why some older comment of yours got deleted before, to avoid making the same mistake in the future, it’s best to ask someone on staff to explain it to you in private.
Amphibian Swamp

Silly question
What’s your opinion on mustard or tomato sauce?
More serious question
Can I chose what kind of comments I don’t want on my artwork? Like, can you guys refrain from deleting comments there (besides spambots) before I see them? If I don’t want the comment then I’ll report it
I never got to see one of the comments on 3019374 and it sucks
Even if it’s a harsh review. Or someone saying “This looks ugly” I’d like to see the comment first. I like going back and reading comments
saby
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
A Perfectly Normal Pony - Red is Sprout, yellow is Hitch, you are a lout, and also a bitch.
Non-Fungible Trixie -

extra fun at parties
  1. yes
  2. no, not really. It would be confusing and unfair to everyone to enforce commenting rules differently based on who created or uploaded an image.
In this case it was word salad. Plenty of words and nary a coherent thought among them.
Grapefruit Face
Best Artist - Providing quality, Derpibooru-exclusive artwork
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Me & My Delusions
If an artist draws EGs in their unique own style that bears little resemblance to the show’s art style and then draws a character from another franchise in that same style, can it be realistically be classed as an EG-fied character?
Grapefruit Face
Best Artist - Providing quality, Derpibooru-exclusive artwork
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Me & My Delusions
@Ciaran
Luckily for you my question was based on something I noticed going on today. I thought it was an interesting situation and thought It’d be interesting to get a moderators opinion on it.
An is artist is claiming that their drawings of Ariel from The Little Mermaid as a right to be here since she’s Equestria-Girl-fied, but due to the fact that it’s in their own artistic interpretation of the Equestria Girls style it seems just like a non-pony related image of Ariel.
>>3182441t (deleted)
This is another human character I found they’ve drawn that appears to not being claimed to be an Equestria-Girl ified
https://www.deviantart.com/tenebrousmelancholy/art/Don-t-Interrupt-the-Demoness-1-2-917173327
So, do you think they’re breaking Rule #3 or not?
Ciaran

Senior Moderator
友情は魔法だ
Luckily for you my question was based on something I noticed going on today
Sweeeeeet :)
This is an example of the artist’s Sunset Shimmer
That’s a cute drawing of Sunset Shimmer :)
This is another human character I found they’ve drawn that appears to not being claimed to be an Equestria-Girl ified
Uhm … ok, Raven. But that’s on DeviantArt. If that’s on this site, please report it and we’ll look at it. But it being on DeviantArt is really none of our business.
So, do you think they’re breaking Rule #3 or not?
This image clearly doesn’t break Rule #3. I don’t see how it could:
But, I haven’t looked to see if the Raven drawing is here, too - is it?
saby
Non-Fungible Trixie -

extra fun at parties
@Ciaran
They were giving context by providing examples.
Here’s how I understood it.
The style is consistent but is it EQG enough to lend relevance to outside characters? If yes, Raven could be uploaded. If not, Ariel should be deleted.
Ariel: claimed EQG styled by artist, on DB
Shimmer: EQG character in the same style
Raven: same style as the other two, not claimed EQG by artist
Ciaran

Senior Moderator
友情は魔法だ
@saby
Oh! Sorry, I don’t know how but I didn’t even see the image of Ariel. How very odd. Maybe something with my system and how I scrolled - I honestly can’t explain it.
But, that said, I don’t know if the Ariel image is a problem - the artist was trying to draw them in EQG style, and we have a lot of images that are from other franchises in an MLP or EQG style emulation.
Amphibian Swamp

1. Would you guys like me to report some of the bad comments I made on some images. Or leave it? Sorry, I just have the habit, I’m trying to stop it but when I see something funny I get tempted I can’t promise I’ll stop completely. I’ll mess up. The best I can do is report the comment when I realise what I just did. If you would like me to
  2. Is it okay if I make jokes about the image in the description if I posted it?
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Pony Arts & Prints!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide