Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

Ereiam
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Betrayal! - Betrayed their team for a badge. Shame forever!
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - Organization is important.
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Monde de merde
@Vivace  
It kind of is when the polling gap between both candidates is already reaching the double digits (as it does in Utah). Not much difference a single vote can make in this context, regardless of which candidate you’d be the less reluctant to vote for.
Background Pony #C806
@Vivace  
I’m saying that if you vote for the candidate you hate, but hate less, as opposed to voting for the candidate you like, you are wasting your vote.
Background Pony #DC51
@Background Pony #C806  
Even though you know they never win because 3rd party never even comes in a presidential election for over 50 years?

That kind of is throwing away your vote.
tehwatever
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Artist -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

Some ppl would rather stick to their values no matter what, than compromise in the name of pragmatism.

Throw your votes away, why not. At least you show tangible support to whom you believe in.

Democracy feels like it’s a bunch of hooey when all yu do is vote for popular parties just cos they most likely to win.  
That’s akin to selling out under pressure.
Background Pony #865F
Wow, it’s been a bad couple of weeks for Trump.

• Getting booed at a funeral  
  • The revelation that he only paid $750 in taxes  
  • Looking bad at the debate  
    -Getting COVID
DarkObsidian
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Economist -

Smiling Panzerfuchs 2.0
@silbasa

I don’t think so. Despite all the hysteria, statesmen like Trump, Johnson and Bolsonaro, as well as their families, usually enjoy first-class medical treatment around the clock. A positive test does not mean any drama. Chancellor candidate Friedrich Merz (I don’t think anyone knows him here) was only for two weeks at home after a positive result and then again active in his election campaign. That’s why I wouldn’t worry too much yet. Even though Trump’s age certainly gives cause for some concern.

Well, even though I’m not a real fan of Trump, I wish him and his wife all the best and a recovery as fast as possible.
NitroFury
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Thread Starter - Horseplay
Artist -

Nitro Cat Bad!
If these people didn’t listen to those Right-Wing Conspiracy Nuts spewing their “Mask is the symbol oppression” bullshit, they wouldn’t have catch it in first. They reap what they sow.
Ereiam
Betrayal! - Betrayed their team for a badge. Shame forever!
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - Organization is important.
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Monde de merde
@phoenixacezero  
Not quite, the tax credit he got was due to reported losses on his businesses (no idea why he — or his accountant — still chose to pay that paltry amount instead of canceling out his tax liability entirely).
silbasa
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

@NitroFury  
Careful with karma there, she is a bitch. Remember we have this all over Europe as well. And yes Trump got it due to his carelessness with it. It could be a Boris scenario or send him to the grave. Time will tell.
phoenixacezero
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday
Artist -

@NitroFury  
It most likely due to the shock discovering some of the gov who pushed to wear mask not wearing mask in public. One which was Andrew Cumeo and people hate him throwing the covid19 into nursing home. Not much as Gretchen who decided to do the same thing after the fact.
Background Pony #C806
@Background Pony #DC51  
That only happens because you convince yourself your vote doesn’t matter. Honestly, if you want to pull history into this, when was the last time your state’s electoral college votes hinged on one vote?

I can also understand the idea of voting for the green party or libertarian party as a way to tell the major parties that your vote isn’t just a given, that they need to earn it.
DarkObsidian
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Economist -

Smiling Panzerfuchs 2.0
@Vivace

We don’t want to discuss why a lot of Americans are going north for better medical care, do we? It’s far too early for any speculation. First of all, let’s wait for the next few days.
Latecomer

@silbasa  
Sadly, no - the result is still far from settled. (Especially since Trump will dispute anything except maybe an Election Day landslide.)

@Background Pony #2398  
Thanks - I’m blushing.

@CaptainXtra  
Well, not that I support the conspiracy, but there are a lot of folk out there who think America will suck with either of them in charge.
ᎶㄖҜㄩ 乃ㄥ卂匚Ҝ
One-Star Dragon Ball - For supporting the site
Happy Derpy! - For site supporters
Bronze Supporter - Bronze Supporter
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
Artist -

Zamasu
@tehwatever  
On that note…have you noticed that we only get to vote for the politicians rather than directly on the policies themselves?

Yes, I get that if I vote for a certain politician, I’m also voting for their policies, but only indirectly. Also, most politicians, if not all of them, tend to lie.
GasMaskGuy98

British Space Nazi
Now this is just ridiculous. You might have heard that Joseph is being accused of wearing a wire during the presidential debate. Once again, people have in fact looked into this once or twice, and wouldn’tcha just know it? Take your pick.

No Evidence Biden Was ‘Wearing a Wire’ in DebateFactCheck.org  
Biden did not wear a wire during the first presidential debatePolitifact  
Fact check: False ‘evidence’ of Biden being wired or using earpieceReuters  
No, Biden Didn’t Wear a ‘Wire’ or ‘Smart’ Contact Lenses During 1st DebateSnopes  
Biden falsely accused of wearing wire during presidential debateAFP (Agence France Presse)  
Fact check: No evidence Biden wore wire at Ohio debateUSA Today  
full  
Not liking Joseph is whatever, but I think it’s disingenuous to take such baseless conspiracy theories, assuming that’s what they genuinely are, as factual. This is just full-on mask off slander.

That aside, feel free to share any insight you have on the matter, if that’s all right.
Latecomer

@Goku Black  
That’s representative democracy for you. At the time, it was the most practical alternative. Nowadays, other ways are possible - dunno if they’d be better.

@silbasa  
He could, but it’s sadly not very likely.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Champions of Equestria

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide