Ask the Mods Important Site Questions (V2)

Background Pony #699F
This thread reminded me, shouldn’t my month-and-a-half old report that’s still open as “In progress” have been dealt with by now?
Background Pony #065D
How many people can and should share the same account? Is there anything to be done?
JP
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -

I miss the show so much
How do I report an entire page of forum posts for spam removal? They were made by different BPs.
The thread in question is years old legit thread that was taken over by runaway spammer, posting several pages of spam. Most of it has been removed, except one full page of spam, and a few stragglers on other pages. The thread is locked.
The thread contains links to CP and other unwanted things, so I’m not linking to it except in a report.
saby
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Perfectly Normal Pony - Red is Sprout, yellow is Hitch, you are a lout, and also a bitch.
Speaking Fancy - Badge given to members that help with translations
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Anti Fun Officer
@JP
report one of the comments for “other” and use the explanation to clarify that the thread is full of rule-breaking comments
TheQuietMan
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -

House of the Arcana
@Ciaran
Not even removing them after upload? I do not recommend trying it but if it’s possible that way. Then back to the question. Is it invisible, inaccessible and unsearchable? Or the opposite but simply unsearchable?
byte[]
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

Philomena Contributor
Images in that state would be visible, accessible, and searchable – search does not rely on the presence of tags to find images when you search with a match-all group like *, or a negated condition
Background Pony #065D
Is it possible for an account to refuse any badges and have 0 at will. Even if the qualify for them. Such as the artist badge, inkwell badge and such?
Would it also be right on an account. To ask certain requests like “Don’t message this person unless mod” for example? Or ask moderators to message another account about any concerns of that one?
Ciaran
ラ・ゼッタ - For supporting the site
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

Senior Moderator
友情は魔法だ
Is it possible for an account to refuse any badges and have 0 at will. Even if the qualify for them. Such as the artist badge, inkwell badge and such?
@Background Pony #065D
Yes. Just report yourself for a reason of other and let us know which badges (including all of them) that you want removed.
Please note that if you participate in an event that has automatically awarded badges, you’ll get that badge and will have to ask to have it removed afterward. Same thing if others nominate you for badges that you qualify for. We don’t have a way to “turn off” badging on profiles. We can add a moderation note to that effect, but when volunteers are working though badge nominations we don’t read all the notes on profiles before awarding badges. Someone not wanting badges, or particular badges, is really an edge case and has to be handles on a case-by-case basis.
Would it also be right on an account. To ask certain requests like to “Not message this person unless mod” for example?
No. There’s no such functionality, and we don’t want to have to deal with that level of managing people’s personal interactions.
I mean, you can ask that in your About Me, but just as someone replying to one of your comments or posts does not break any rules - even if you ask people not to reply to you in the comment or post, someone sending you a PM is not, in and of itself, breaking a rule even if you ask people not to.
Or ask moderators to message another account about any concerns of that one?
You are responsible for each and all of your profiles. If you are breaking rules with one of your profiles, then that is the one we are going to respond to.
PS: I already removed your Magic Inkwell badge - months ago. Why do you keep asking if we can do things for you that we’ve already done?
Blissful690

Violet Frost Fan
How are duplicates still getting uploaded? Shouldn’t there be a warning that says that the image has already been uploaded?
Background Pony #065D
Because the artist is gonna be making a new account and not be associated with anyone on here because they didn’t do anything wrong and don’t want drama associated with them
They also don’t want badges on their account to not gain any attention outside of artist tag and artwork
Don’t blame the artist for anything that happened on this account. Also, on their new account. You’re not to harass blame them for anything that happened here. They are a really nice person, I know
Also. Not related to me, just a small thought. Maybe there could be anyone who wants to make and manage an account (with permission) for someone who is too young or mentally unstable to do so but wants to share things and they might see this answer
Ciaran
ラ・ゼッタ - For supporting the site
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.

Senior Moderator
友情は魔法だ
@Background Pony #065D
Maybe if someone is too young or mentally unstable to be here then they shouldn’t be here.
You are still responsible for your profiles, and for the actions of those profiles.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Techy Cutie Pony Collection!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide