MYMC05E6: Nightmare on Mane Street Reaction Script (D-ii): 🎉NMN Party Time🎉

Background Pony #BB7D
Misty: —-But we did it the traditional way.
Space Professor: SIGH, you’re right! The true traditional meaning shouldn’t be all about trying to feed Nightmare Night cuisine to ponies we barely socialize in public…..it should be about sharing our fun time with the friends and families you care about most!
Sunny Starscout: You’re all right, but I guess I was just hoping that tonight’s celebrations would be… like they used to be.
Space Professor: Times had changed, Sunny. Some traditions come and go, and get replaced with new traditions. Eventually, the meaning lost their way, and it’s up to us to find a new meaning as generations pass by….
Background Pony #BB7D
Misty: Where did we go wrong?
Sunny Starscout: I don’t know, but somehow, we did.
small
Rebel Cat: Perhaps we were all TOO over-prepared for this Nightmare Night to be a success, and we were so caught up on meeting our own expectations, that we completely forgot to take our guests into account!
Background Pony #BB7D
Pipp Petals: Wait, wait, wait, wait, wait up! Even with the chaos, I didn’t think it was a total bust!
[drone buzzing, thudding against wall]
Pipp Petals: Ohhhhh
small
Thinker: ZEPHYRINA STORM! Will you STOP playing with that drone toy in the midst of our conversation??! You’re not scaring any pony anymore!
small
Airship Mare: HEHHEHEHE, sorry! We’re still working out the kinks! It seems that we might had busted its sonar navigator during the chaos!
Background Pony #BB7D
Pipp Petals: —-maybe I was also too focused on scaring Misty and making the perfect Frighthouse to notice.
small
Space Professor: OH YOU THINK???!!!
Izzy Moonbow: TSSSH!! And I couldn’t see anything beyond my lights…
small
Airship Mare: I’m all for a decked-out light show, but not if it means frying everypony’s retinas like a sunlight through a telescope!
Background Pony #BB7D
Hitch Trailblazer: [panting] You guys are… already done your Frighthouse? I missed it?
Deputy Mare: We came here as soon as the Professor called us in about an ongoing apple cider brawl in the Frighthouse!!
They hadn’t tried to stab any pony yet, had they?
Pipp Petals: No, I think maybe it was me who missed it. Uh, like the point, I mean.
Deputy Mare: Uhhhh, can anypony tell us what’s going on?? Did they all leave as soon as they knew we were coming?!!
Background Pony #BB7D
Pipp Petals: I started all this, and putting such high expectations of perfection on something is a recipe for disaster.
small
Thinker: Yes, I supposed so. We were so focused on trying to make this the perfect party anypony could ask for, that we ended up forgetting about what is it like to have a good time ourselves!
LordFlareon
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).

Pipp Petals: —-maybe I was also too focused on scaring Misty and making the perfect Frighthouse to notice.
small
small
Airship Mare: I’m all for a decked-out light show, but not if it means frying everypony’s retinas like a sunlight through a telescope!
I’m pretty sure it could’ve been seen from space!
LordFlareon
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).

Hitch Trailblazer: [panting] You guys are… already done your Frighthouse? I missed it?
Deputy Mare: We came here as soon as the Professor called us in about an ongoing apple cider brawl in the Frighthouse!!
Pipp Petals: No, I think maybe it was me who missed it. Uh, like the point, I mean.
Deputy Mare: Uhhhh, can anypony tell us what’s going on?? Did they all leave as soon as they knew we were coming?!!
No, but a stallion was in imminent danger of choking on a caramel apple stick.
Background Pony #BB7D
Deputy Mare: Did you do muzzle-to-muzzle?
Background Pony #BB7D
small
small
I’m pretty sure it could’ve been seen from space!
Thinker: That’s what I said…
LordFlareon

Deputy Mare: Did you do muzzle-to-muzzle?
No need. Sunny sent him away before anything happened.
Background Pony #3506
And I was so focused on getting everypony to enjoy themselves like Professor said, but instead, I snapped when he and Sunny closed the frighthouse. (crying) IT WAS THE WORST NIGHTMARE NIGHT WE EVER HAD!!! (continues crying)
Background Pony #BB7D
Hitch Trailblazer: Oh, tell me about it! I was just so focused on making this the “Best Nightmare Night Scare-a-thon in Maretime Bay Ever” that I forgot to consider Maretime Bay in the first place.
small
Deputy Mare: Like I had been TELLING you this whole time, you don’t make a good SHOW pony! Heck, you won’t even pass as a good flea circus ringmaster!
Background Pony #BB7D
Hitch Trailblazer: What was I thinking? These ponies don’t need twenty-seven events to fill a night and make it perfect.
Deputy Mare: All they needed was just one….and that’s a family get-together with their closest ones…
Airship Mare: Awwwww, I miss spending time with you too, sis!
Deputy Mare: (sigh)…even if they do annoy you through the ends of Equestria
Background Pony #BB7D
Izzy Moonbow: Yeah. Not every holiday has to be perfect or exactly the same as it was last time, right?
Pumpkin Colt: Just good enough—
Pumpkin Filly: —is good enough!
Pumpkin Twins: RIGHT!!??
(Awkward silence)
Izzy Moonbow: No, I’m genuinely asking. It doesn’t have to be the same, right?!
Space Professor: You can celebrate your holidays however you like, Miss Moonbow—JUST don’t end up blinding everypony permamently while you’re doing it!
Background Pony #BB7D
Sunny Starscout: I was just looking forward to recreating my special memories. It’s just like with Wishday. I cherished the times I had with my dad so much, I guess I just wanted to share them with my best friends.
Rebel Cat: Awwwwww, you don’t HAVE to do the same traditions you had with your father, Miss Starscout! You can make new traditions with your new family and someday they will pass them on to their new next of kin!
Background Pony #BB7D
Zipp Storm: Even though holidays are about traditions, they’re also about surrendering to the surprise of what this moon will bring!
Airship Mare: There was a time when them ancients used to hoof out candy to a maniacal cannibal princess of the moon, but now we can horde ALL the candy we want without being worried about getting eaten!
Thank the Twilight that we had forgone THAT tradition, HAHAHA!
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Pony Arts & Prints!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide