MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread

Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

Music Connoisseur
I missed out so much on this thread for the past few pages, damn… I always miss out on the fun…
Anyways, I’m not gonna watch it when it premiered, I’m gonna watch it the day after with my friend and we’re gonna do a blind reaction together. It’s gonna be really fun.

Yeah, can this page break not happen?
DaddyMakesMeEUHH

(ヽ^ゝ^)ちわー!
Okay, so I was looking at the reddit and someone from Singapore saw the movie. They gave a non spoilery review and they gave the movie a 8/10, saying that they preferred this movie over the 2017 one.
DaddyMakesMeEUHH

(ヽ^ゝ^)ちわー!
@Cosmas-the-Explorer  
Alright here it is:  
||
Overall rating: 8/10
Good character development and easy to follow plot. However, some things just don’t line up (for spoiler’s sake, I won’t say what) in terms of logic. Maybe it could have been fleshed out with more time, but it didn’t regardless. So that’s why it is not 9 or 10.
Would watch again.
It is quite well done. The songs are like Disney-tier. And definitely quite enjoyable.
Contextual knowledge of friendship is magic is not needed to enjoy it, but highly recommended as it will make some scenes make more sense (it is the same universe, after all). Until season 4’s ending should be good enough information.
Idk if this can be considered a spoiler, but Hitch is developed and expanded more than what the trailers suggest. In terms of development (not character), he is less macintosh, more applejack. So if you are worried about that, don’t be.
Tip, do stay back after the first credit scene (the one with the words and the pictures together). There is an extra scene before the main credits.
||
DaddyMakesMeEUHH

(ヽ^ゝ^)ちわー!
Personally i don’t see why someone else’s rating of the movie matters when your own thoughts on it should matter the most

Hey, I just think it’s interesting to see other peoples opinion on things especially if it’s not out of malice.
Harmony Gladebloom
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Economist -
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.

Hooves to Hearts! /<3)
@DaddyMakesMeEUHH  
Yeah, some of the very first promo pics had him sporting the infamous Dreamworks face with the exaggerated grin, but the character bios and some later promo clips show more depth to his character than being smug.
natef

I’m pretty sure I will enjoy this movie better than G4’s for if nothing else the much simpler plot and more consistent animation (inferring from what I’ve seen and heard). Would be nice though to have mainstream critics on board with it too to maybe help persuade more dismissive potential audiences, and for me to be able to talk about it more freely without feeling as embarrassed.
Background Pony #0728
Gonna be my day song release in English and the national gallery in London and 8 screensceap are uploaded today
natef

@DaddyMakesMeEUHH

Yeah, this forum’s nice for throwing out random pony thoughts but Brony-focused sites are full of too many… obsessives. I’d like to be able to talk about it in a simple filmmaking context that isn’t drowned out by headcanon dissertations.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
KilianKuro Commissions!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide