MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread

SparkleDash

Professional Shipper
@xLeadMarex  
It was just an example, but whenever I see a G4 crew member tweet about pony or about wishing the crew of G5 luck, lots of people respond with very mean comments to the G4 crew telling them that they suck. And I never see the G5 crew step into their defense and I’ve even seen the G5 crew like tweets that make passive aggressive attacks on G4 like “I know this series will be good, because you can’t fuck it up anymore than the G4 crew did” or something along those lines, but it was months ago and I don’t have screencaps.

But my point is they have such hubris. Even when they say things like “Don’t worry, Bronies, we got this!”, “MLP is in good hands”, “We’re going to respect Lauren Faust’s creation” or “If you liked G4, you’ll love this!” Those are all such passive aggressive insults to the crew of G4. It’s like saying “Yeah, we can just step in and do just as good of a job, in fact, we’re better than any of the G4 people, that’s why we refuse to hire them.” So insulting!

@Background Pony #5A42  
But I want to love the series. Maybe they could take my criticisms into account.
SparkleDash

Professional Shipper
@Mikey  
They have no right to continue G4, because they don’t care about it, though. It’s like if I were hired to write the continuation to Sex in the City, even though I’ve never seen a single episode of that show and think it looks pretty awful. If I don’t respect the source material, I’m only going to send passive aggressive insults about the original series and its fans and will have no idea how to make the show good for them.
SparkleDash

Professional Shipper
I don’t like that there are boys in the main cast of this series. Spike was only a sidekick in the original, it was the girls that were the main characters. That’s the way it should be. It makes the target demographic feel more represented, in my opinion. And I think that’s good. We have enough shows staring boys.
Mikey
Sky Spark - For Patreon supporters
Pone of Astronomy - For Patreon supporters
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Artist -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.

Ayriana
@SparkleDash  
You haven’t even seen it  
Don’t turn your nose up when we still only have teasers! The only thing that matters is the characters are relatable and well written. It’s really selfish of you to say that they can’t continue with a new generation.  
I don’t like that there are boys in the main cast of this series.

Are you for real? That’s really selfish thinking.
SparkleDash

Professional Shipper
@Mikey  
But to be fair, the trailer felt like it was two hours when I watched it, so I think it’s completely sane of me to react to how I feel about it. I just feel very insulted by it, personally.

Also, why’s it selfish of me? I don’t want to be the head writer, I want the G4 crew to be. If this crew wants to do a series, please, do not set it in the G4 world! I really think they’re tarnishing the legacy of the original. It’s not fair for them to decide that Twilight failed at her life’s mission and died an unfair and awful death. She was supposed to be immortal, just like Celestia!!! How could she possibly be dead?! Do the writers even care? ☹️

Are you for real? That’s really selfish thinking.

Girls make up a slight majority of people on Earth. They get less than 10% representation as main characters, if we’re being generous. It’s actually much more selfish to say that there “needs to be boys”, in my opinion.

@Cosmas-the-Explorer  
Interesting.
Background Pony #5A42
@SparkleDash  
Kinda hard for you to show that you want to give G5 a chance when you literally trash it at every turn. And it’s not going to be G4. The G4 writers have moved on. And I suggest you should do the same thing too if you apparently can’t handle anyone wanting to give G5 a chance. Again, one has to wonder why you are even here if all you’re gonna do is throw a tantrum over G5 not being 100% like G4.
Mikey
Sky Spark - For Patreon supporters
Pone of Astronomy - For Patreon supporters
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Artist -

Ayriana
@SparkleDash  
G4 is over. You have to deal with it. Hasbro wanted a new generation, and it’s happening. You can still go back and rewatch G4. But give G5 a fair chance. If you go in expecting to hate it, of course you’re gonna hate it. Have some respect for the new writers, they’re just doing their job.  
Twilight failed at her life’s mission and died an unfair and awful death

We don’t know that. This is set a long time after.  
And why does it matter if ONE guy is a mane character? Is it really that big a deal?  
I hate how guys in G4 are treated like absolute morons and the girls are the only ones that are good at anything.  
And hun, let me tell you something. This is the internet, of course there’s going to be toxicity, you can either ignore it, or let it affect you. Your choice.
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
G5 refers to the G4 eta ad “Ancient Equestria”. That indicates quite a time has passed.

Also AFAIK Hitch being a lead character makes him the very first male lead of any generation.

So yeah.
ЅℰℒᎯℙℋℐℰℒ
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant

Pomegranates :P
@Dustcan  
I mean. It may seem strange this day and age when a lot of other titles are trying to empower more females into lead roles. MLP is a special case that it’s traditionally female dominant title that has recently been gradually giving male characters more power.
Background Pony #5A42
@Mikey  
Exactly. G4 did its job and now we need to let it rest. Its completely normal for MLP to reboot itself (whether soft reboot or clean slate) and bring us new characters for us to love. I don’t understand why it’s so hard for people to just accept that nothing lasts forever.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Champions of Equestria

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide