MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread

SparkleDash

Professional Shipper
I really hate how Sunny’s got such boring and dull colors that you can hardly even tell whether she’s orange or yellow when you look at her and you can hardly even tell her hair apart from her fur.
SparkleDash

Professional Shipper
@xLeadMarex  
I’m not a fan of real horses. I need the MLP characters to look like girls I could fall in love with! I would never have a crush on or marry a real horse!!!
SparkleDash

Professional Shipper
G4 was basically the equivalent of The Complete Works of Shakespeare and G5 is coming in here like Shrek: The Musical, thinking it’s the greatest thing ever made.
DerpyFast
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.

The new trailer immediately made me like Hitch. When it looks like Sunny is in danger, he goes over to the panel and tells them to shut it down. He doesn’t panic or start randomly mashing buttons; he stays calm and collected, and assesses the situation. When he notices that he can just unplug the machine, he does that.

As for Pipp, when you think of streaming, it’s easy to either think of some twitch thot, or someone who makes too much money playing video games. YMS streams his research and editing, and I’ve been watching a lot of his stream highlights. It’s been really cool seeing him interact with his audience while he works. So I’m wondering what they’ve got up their sleeve with Pipp.
Cosmas-the-Explorer
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.

Explorer in Training
@SparkleDash  
You always bring up all these nitpicks you have with G5 and they are very often nitpicky or unvaluble criticism like wanting them to look less ponyish to be more like waifus.

Of course it’s your opinion and I suppose you have the right to debate this stuff. Talking about the dull hair color might be fine if you talk about how it compares to G4. But talking about you personally dislike it because it looks like a horse isn’t really the best critique.

I don’t know. I guess you can say what you wish. I know I do. But I do advise being a little calmer.
SparkleDash

Professional Shipper
@Mikey  
I’m just so tired of G5 being forced down my throat. Just because some people think it looks good doesn’t mean it should replace G4 in the Equestria Daily banner, it doesn’t mean that the MLP Out Of Context Twitter account should be all about it and it doesn’t mean that people should be sending hate messages to Lauren Faust for “Not creating anything as good as G5”, in their minds.

This is not to bring up off topic drama, though, because my reason for mentioning it is that I truly think that this mentality is being tolerated and even encouraged by people who are working on G5. They’re joining in on the “attack G4 fans” mentality in subtle ways via their tweets and likes and other social media posts and the people they associate with.

My point in mentioning this is that I think this level of hatred for G4 fans is going to have a negative outcome on the series. Kinda like when Teen Titans Go did that “fuck OG Teen Titans fans” episode. They might try to do everything that they know we don’t want.
Cosmas-the-Explorer
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.

Explorer in Training
@DerpyFast  
To me Pipp can be very vital to spreading the Sunny’s message. She is the charisma and she knows how to interact with other.

If they do her right, she can show both the positive and negative of online culture.

She can be either one of the worst parts of G5 or like Rarity unexpectedly one of the best parts who can buck preconcieved stereotypes.
Mikey
Sky Spark - For Patreon supporters
Pone of Astronomy - For Patreon supporters
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Artist -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.

Ayriana
They’re joining in on the “attack G4 fans” mentality in subtle ways via their tweets and likes and other social media posts and the people they associate with.

I think you’re exaggerating because of the few people making noise. G5 isn’t replacing G4. It’s simply continuing. G4 will still be there. You need to give it a rest.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide