MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread

GoodVibesGorgeous
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -

Grumpy and antisocial
Just watched the Bridlewoodstock special. Almost thought Sofia Wylie wasn’t going to be credited, but she was (only in her own section of the credits).
GoodVibesGorgeous
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).

Grumpy and antisocial
I’m bored so I decided to gather some useless facts about non-English dubs of Bridlewoodstock. All of them came from the dubbing credits:
-In the Latin American Spanish dub, Ruby was voiced by Annie Rojas (Starlight Glimmer and the singing voice for Apple Bloom) and Onyx by Maggie Vera (Fluttershy and Scootaloo). Curiously, Onyx had another VA (Lucy Escandón) in her previous appearances. And Maggie herself returned to voice directing the franchise (after being absent in Chapters 2 and 3).
-In the French dub, Ruby Jubilee apparently was renamed Poppy Diamant. Probably because Pipp is already named Ruby there.
-In the Italian dub, Ruby Jubilee was renamed Rosy Jubilee. Once again, because Pipp is already named Ruby there. And now Sparky shares a voice actor with Hitch Trailblazer (Jacopo Calatroni).
-In the European Portuguese dub, Rocky now shares a VA with Hitch Trailblazer (Ricardo Monteiro). And Sandra de Castro (Rainbow Dash, Apple Bloom, Princess Celestia and many, many, many other personages) returned to the franchise voicing Spuzzle.
-In the Brazilian Portuguese dub, Minty and Spuzzle’s names apparently were translated to Menta (Mint) and Focinho (Muzzle). And Ruby Jubilee had her surname translated literally (Jubileu) and was voiced by Gisele Vechin, Phyllis’ VA in Tell Your Tale (and I think she may have voiced Opaline in Chapter 1 of Make Your Mark, but I’m not sure).
-In the Romanian dub, the voice directing was done by Alexandra Radu, who had previously directed some G4 stuff dubbed in Bucharest.
-In the Russian dub, Sunny Starscout is now voiced by Lina Ivanova, who had many roles in G4 (such as Pinkie Pie and Rainbow Dash in seasons 4-9 of FiM and Twilight Sparkle in The Movie) and previously voiced Zoom in A New Generation.
-In the Swedish dub, the characters had their names credited twice: The second time in place of their VA’s names.
-In the Turkish dub, only Minty, Blue Belle, Jazz, Rocky and two background characters were credited.
-In the Ukrainian dub, Kateryna Buts’ka (Twilight Sparkle in S5E26, Sweetie Belle in seasons 5-9 and Sunset Shimmer from Friendship Games onwards) and Kateryna Braykovs’ka (Applejack in seasons 5-9 and Spike’s singing voice in the last seasons) returned to the franchise playing Minty and somepony who I can’t identify.
Amphibian Swamp
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

Quick question: How long would it take to watch the whole chapter in one sitting? I’m guessing somewhere around 2hr30mins-3hr3mins? Roughly? Maybe 4hr?
Background Pony #78BB
There are controversies as well; the royal library is unusual in having a ton of books when the ponies are supposed to be ignorant of their past from when Twilight ruled, after Equestria collapsed. The book “Alicorns of the Ancient World” is very interesting, but we see that the MYM writers did everything they can to keep the viewers away from the content and deep insights in contrast to what was the rule in G4.
You do realize that it has been months since the ponies reunited, right? It hasn’t been just days. Why do you think it is so weird to have books about other races now? They can update the library, you know.
GoodVibesGorgeous

Grumpy and antisocial
Another voice acting-related remark: I think I managed to identify who voices Jasper in Make Your Mark. In all episodes he appears, a guy named Kyle Gatehouse is credited. So… That means he voices Jasper!
Background Pony #78BB
@Background Pony #78BB
Also just because they have some books about Ancient Equestria doesn’t mean ponies will just read it or say it is true. History is always there but they can just think it is all legends. The new Mane Six know they are not legends though. The same can’t be said about the other ponies.
Amphibian Swamp

Just watched the first episode/Bridlewoodstock
It was fun! Jazz and Rocky were adorable. Nice to see Onyx again! Watching it on Netflix and in person was so worth it!
Amphibian Swamp

Well… episode 3 got me more thrilled and excited. Despite having a feeling it was a bad episode from the start. It was okay. Managed to have a quick almost chuckle at one point. Loved the cuteness. Awwww Misty 💖
Background Pony #05D1
I like the With Each Other song if only because Hitch got to sing. This chapter was better with the songs imo because Pipp isn’t the only one singing all of them.
Amphibian Swamp

Episode 5 Rocky and Jazz’s moment at the beginning was so adorable! But so far the episode isn’t that interesting to me. The chocolate fountain was cute but… otherwise… meh. But I’ll update this comment when I finish watching it
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Sky Railroad Merch Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide