MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread

Shimmering Spectacle
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -

sTs trinity
with misty’s mask now in mym, i just found out in that one tyt short, it was on the right side of her face, now in mym ch4 ep05, it’s on the left, which I think is a subtle hint of her switching sides.
Background Pony #5D06
Gotta love how ponies say “so many moon” in reference to days, months, and years like that clears things up at all.
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
I think it’s less “The masks switched sides in some subtle allusion to her switching sides” and likely more “The MYM and TYT teams were given some concept art and/or vague instructions about future plot ideas, so put their own spin on it”.
Jonny Manz
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

I am who I am
@Dragonpone
That’s how you can tell it’s in the same continuity as G4 🤪
@Dustcan
Plus, for whatever reason, most (if not all) of the ponies’ manes are mirrored if they differ from one side to another when you compare MYM to TYT (look at Misty’s in that image above)
Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

Music Connoisseur
Saw Chapter 4 and I liked it, I thought it was better than Chapter 2
Bridlewoodstock: For being a 45 minute special, it was pretty mediocre. I honestly expected it to be a lot grander than the trailers promised but the story we got was fine. The Troggles were alright, they reminded me of Digimon by the designs and while I did like the musician characters, I wish they could’ve been used more instead of used to create a conflict that got easily resolved. Lastly, I do find Pipp’s characterization in this to be odd from how she was ignoring all the warnings of the unicorns. Overall, it was a meh special, the good thing I can say is that it had better animation than the Chapter 1 special
Top Remodel: I liked it but it did have pros and cons. I’m glad they acknowledged the Canterlogic building again, I’m happy that Sprout is back and has a bigger role and Sunny and Izzy’s plot was good enough. On the other hand, Hitch and Pipp’s subplot felt recycled from Chapter 2 to the point they actually acknowledged it and I wish they focused a bit more on Zipp’s subplot on decoding Twilight’s message. Overall, despite some issues, I liked it
The Jinxie Games: I really enjoyed this one, it made me laugh on so many occasions and the idea of there being a big sports competition where the rules make no sense is hilarious to me. The plot with Zipp and Pipp with Haven was pretty charming, I liked the maturity that they handled it with care. Barring the finale, this is probably my favorite episode of this chapter, I loved it
Sunny Side Up: Another one I liked. Sunny and Hitch’s plot with the cooking show was decent enough, I enjoyed their interactions and dynamic enough, but the Opaline and Misty plot stole the show for me. Misty’s beginning inner struggles with her good and bad side was interesting and made me worry for the poor girl and I loved Opaline in this episode. Not only did she show more comedic moments and had an alright enough backstory (Hi Celestia and Luna), but she got out of the castle to do something useful for once like get some magical stone. I liked this one as well, could’ve been funnier
The Manesquerade Ball: This one was pretty okay. A Grand Galloping Gala-esque ball was alright, but I did like Zipp and Misty’s plot and Misty throwing her scent off to fool Zipp was pretty clever I’ll admit. Not much else to say for this one other than it was alright
A Little Horse: This one was pretty meh, the weakest of the episodes. It felt like an extended MYM episode that didn’t seem to go anywhere which for being a lowkey episode is fine enough, but I would’ve liked it if the pacing wasn’t so slow. It had some funny moments and the most interesting part was Zipp getting close to cracking Twilight’s message which I think would’ve worked better as its own episode instead of having it be a side plot for how important they’re building it up to be. My least favorite of the chapter, but I wouldn’t call it a bad episode
Missed The Mark: I really liked this finale. Sparky finally got captured, Opaline got most of her powers back, Misty reveals her true colors to the gang, she switches sides, the Mane 5, mostly Sunny, fight off against Opaline and Misty finally gets her cutie mark. That and it looks like we’re finally gonna know more about the dragons judging by the end. I wish the fight scene could’ve been a bit longer but other than that, great episode and a good ending to this chapter
Overall, I really enjoyed this chapter, the wait was worth it to me and I can’t wait for what Chapter 5 has in store.
No one gonna say anything towards my thoughts?
GoodVibesGorgeous

Grumpy and antisocial
@GoodVibesGorgeous
I wish I could read unromanized Japanese so I could see who voiced the Bridlewoodstock characters (and Misty, since last I checked, her Japanese voice wasn’t listed on the FiM Wiki)
You could use some Google Tools to copy the text (like, find a picture of the credits somewhere, try to search it through Google Pictures, I think you’ll find something in the tab that will make you able to copy most of the text). That’s what I often did when my internet allowed me to have access to Fandom. I sadly can’t read almost no alphabet outside the Latin one (although I do understand some letters in the Cyrillic alphabet).
DoctorWTF
Non-Fungible Trixie -

@GoodVibesGorgeous
On that note, I was curious as to what Phyllis was up to since there was no longer a market for what she was showing off in the movie. I had imagined her getting into new product lines, but I guess not - that is, unless this factory wouldn’t be suitable for her new business venture.
Also, it looks like Misty will be staying with Opaline as a mole - that could be interesting.
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
Interesting to note that a grounding is the worst punishment Opaline has given to Misty yet. Granted this one was to force her to literally stand in one spot for like 12 hours.
Jonny Manz
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
Non-Fungible Trixie -

I am who I am
@Mr.Myoozik
Yeah, I think the special was more along the lines of Chapter 1, where I thought it was good, but not great, but the rest of the chapter was uniformly pretty damn excellent, I felt
@Shimmering Spectacle
I was getting at that it was more a technical aspect sort of thing, but I could see it being a subtle hint too
Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

Music Connoisseur
@Jonny Manz
My biggest gripe is how they hyped up the new characters, that being the musicians only to use them to create a conflict that was quickly resolved. Ruby Jubilee got a bit lucky and had more screentime, but I hope that later on, they can make a return to develop them more. The rest of the chapter though was pretty great.
Background Pony #E7BC
I found it worse since all of Misty’s hooves were glued to the floor. Like if it was a human, it’d just be their feet, but for a pony it’s their feet and their hands.
CloudMistDragon
Artist -

Misty Shadow
Finally watched all of Chapter 4. Bridlewoodstock was actually a pretty big standout to me, being a lot better than I expected. I guess I wanted more development for Bridlewood, Zipp and Hitch investigating together in the show, and actual ghost monsters FINALLY APPEARING in MLP much more than others did. All six episodes from the chapter were at worst good too, best ones being The Manesquerade Ball and Missing the Mark to me. The Manesquerade Ball was such killer development for Misty and the finale of the chapter was peak epicness for this show. There’s just one thing that mystifies me (besides Opaline claiming to be an alicorn as a filly who knew Celestia and Luna as fillies, WOW)…
Misty is still pretending to work for Opaline even though she has her cutie mark now…and she doesn’t have her mane recolor either. With no incentive to work for her now that she’s accomplished her ambition, is she just going to abandon Opaline in the night and live with the Mane 5 now? Was that the ending’s implication? It’s also pretty soon when we’re going to see her with the new mane in Tell Your Tale…
Discounting that perplexment, this chapter deserves much adoration. Really improved on a lot in the series, even people I know who don’t like MYM very much are having to make concessions. Score one for the boys back home. :D
DerpyFast
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.

I have mixed feelings on Misty being a double agent, and whether or not I even think that’s what’s implied.
On the one hand, Misty wouldn’t have a convenient way of reporting back to The Mane Five, and I doubt she can keep her CM hidden. I also don’t like the idea that after everything Misty has been through, she has to continue living with Opaline and dealing with her abuse. I feel like they would have specifically telegraphed that Misty would be acting as a double-agent.
On the other hand, a lack of convenient ways to leave generally hasn’t stopped her before, and she did say she wanted to do whatever it takes to help defeat Opaline.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ministry of Image - Fanfiction Printing

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide