MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread

Background Pony #C1C5
I predict that the last episode of Chapter 4 will end on a cliffhanger with Opaline about to tell the Mane Five what happened with Twilight and Equestria’s magic.
Background Pony #13BA
As I expected since G5’s reveal, I think we’re getting ourselves overwhelmed with expectations with these easter eggs. So don’t expect too much G4 stuff (other than key ones) returning. If you want more than just easter eggs referencing G4 then read the G5 comics. So far they’re doing it there instead of either TYT and MYM.
Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

Music Connoisseur
Rewatching Maretime Bay Day 2.0, I wonder how come Pipp didn’t digitally download the polaroid photographs of those moments onto her computer so she can get some of these memories back? Not sure about getting the full videos back but at least she’ll have some stills so it wasn’t like hope was totally lost.
Background Pony #C1C5
Pony that’s not as good as G4 is better than no pony.
It’s like pizza. Even bad pizza is better than no pizza.
CloudMistDragon
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Artist -

Misty Shadow
Alright, since I likely have to work Tuesday, my plan for watching Chapter 4 right now is watching the Bridlewoodstock special before I go to work tomorrow, then three episodes on Wednesday, and then the other three on Thursday. Going to take a break from this thread until then, since I don’t want any accidental spoilers or influence on my opinions beforehand, I want my thoughts to fully be my own.
Background Pony #13BA
I wonder if the special and episodes are going to be streamed all in one day.
Jonny Manz
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -

I am who I am
@GoodVibesGorgeous
Netflix originals come out at midnight Pacific Time, probably because Netflix’s main headquarters are in California (both in the Bay Area as well as Los Angeles).
The ones that aren’t Netflix originals come out at midnight in each local time zone, IIRC, so that’s what happened with TYT.
@Moving
Australia, eh? You can use this resource to determine when it’s coming out in your time zone (if you’re in the same time zone as Sydney, for example, it will be coming out at 5 PM)
@Mr.Myoozik
Maybe her scanner doesn’t have the necessary drivers to work with her laptop or something.
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
Equestria Daily always has a countdown to the next premier. It’s tucked alongside the right side of the screen.
As of this post it says Chapter 4 drops in 7 hours and 40 minutes.
For people living in the Eastern US, that means Netflix will unlock the next chapter at 3:00 am. Western US will see it unlock at midnight or so for them.
Australia is split into 3 time zones. Western Australia will see it drop at 3:00 pm, Eastern Australia at 5:00 pm.
I may have my hours off a bit but that’s roughly close enough.
Background Pony #BA12
I predict that the last episode of Chapter 4 will end on a cliffhanger with Opaline about to tell the Mane Five what happened with Twilight and Equestria’s magic.
We will learn about that if it happens; but… in the book “Sunny Starscout’s book of adventure” Opaline made a very strange remark about Twilight and what happened to Equestria. “ - Her message glitched out, just like here Empire.” Such a vague description cannot come from someone who was supposed to be responsible for Equestria’s collapse and the disappearance of magic. She had admitted that she lost to Twilight, lost her magic and was banished and even forced to stay in the dark castle for several centuries. Those of us who know Twilight know she wouldn’t have let the damage left by Opaline remain if she had won.
The technology in the G5 made it clear that there was a world community when Equestria collapsed, and as a pony, Opaline would not call her own homeland an “empire”. It was too big for the ponies to just split up for this great society to collapse. We don’t know yet if the IDW covers from the Discord Arc are canon or AU - but if it’s the former, it means that Opaline can’t be responsible for Equestria’s collapse by herself. In fact, when Hologram-Twilight made the warning - the fear wasn’t for Opaline herself. The fear was that the fire alicorn will “open” something. What is it? And from what has been seen of Opaline’s own rhetoric and remarks, she seemed to be in ignorance of what Twilight fears.
I don’t think we will learn the whole truth so easily. But there are many indications that it was Twilight who sealed the magic.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Sky Railroad Merch Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide