MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread

Amphibian Swamp
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

@Dustcan
I think she’ll be more upset that Misty went to ballet classes. Learning how to spin while balancing three balls on her muzzle while playing the drums on top of a dolphin flipping through hoops
So naughty of her
(100% satire. Please take this as a joke. Please don’t take this seriously. This isn’t a serious comment at the slightest!)
Background Pony #78BB
A little spoiler for Chapter 4:
Looks like the title Mane 5 will become Mane 6 with Misty. The new toy of Misty, Cutie Mark Magic, says the following: “Misty joins the Mane 6!“
Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

Music Connoisseur
G5 has cute, likeable characters, great music, and decent animation.
If it had better writing, it would be almost as good as G4.
Pretty much hitting the nail on the head on my thoughts on G5 though I think the writing is solid
DerpyFast
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.

@Dustcan
Pretty much. Though I think some of the “bite” came from the novelty of My Little Pony being good at all.
I mostly like it because it’s a comfy generation that’s doing a bunch of things I wish G4 had done. And because I think Twilight making The Crystals and failing to stop Equestria’s collapse were missing pieces from her emotional journey.
@Background Pony #78BB
We knew Misty was joining The Mane Five before we knew her name.
Background Pony #15E7
@Background Pony #78BB
Only problem now is…how are we going to distinguish the new Mane 6 from the old Mane 6? Should we just call the G5 cast “the New 6” from now on?
Hasbro called the G5 “the new generation”, so the new Mane 6 can rightly be called the “New Mane 6” - and this will likely become official as the Mane 5 has been in 2022-23. This is important to distinguish the Mane 6 from the G4 and the Mane 6 from the G5. Also, there are at least two other groups of six from before, Equestria’s founders and the Pillars. It is not possible to give the new group its own name, that may happen in G6 in the 2030s, so “New” had to be brought up. They are, after all, the successors to the previous Mane 6.
A rumor from before the G5 movie has been confirmed. Now it’s time for other rumors to appear in S2 and later seasons, let’s just hope for kirins with karate skills and changelings with cyber technology. Misty has taken an important step in the previous TYT episode, and at the same time we have learned that Opaline is a skilled sorcerer with knowledge of dark magic and skill in creating magical items.
CloudMistDragon
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Artist -

Misty Shadow
Finished re-watching all of Make Your Mark Chapter 2 tonight. Every episode is still just as good as or better than I remember it. Ali-Conned is definitely better than I remember it, as I’ve already alluded to in another thread, and Have You Seen This Dragon?, my favorite episode from the chapter, is even closer to being flawless than I initially thought. This chapter’s a lot funnier than I remember too, so many good jokes I can’t believe I forgot about or didn’t catch on the first viewing. I’m really going to be happy if Chapter 4 can top this.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Techy Cutie Pony Collection!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide