MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread

DerpyFast
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.

This episode goes hard. The “She’s going to love me for at least five minutes” line. Zipp being observant and grabbing the necklace. Izzy sensing that the necklace is evil. The necklace itself feeling like this genuinely cursed relic. The fact that Izzy could sense that it’s evil tells me that a “sparkle” is a real thing.
Misty rushing in and saving her friends from the necklace and then destroying it is the first major step in her switching sides. After years of emotional abuse, she probably doesn’t know how to ask for help, and feels like she doesn’t deserve it. What I love about G5 is that they’re not afraid to just casually throw in major plot developments into TYT.
Hot take: this episode did the “inverted personalities” thing better than “Return of Harmony”.
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
I wonder if Zipp had videos of Misty because she was stalking her if she just happened to catch Misty while Zipp was stalking Hitch.
Background Pony #E7BC
My opinion is that they really shouldn’t be putting important character arcs and plot points in TYT. Was the locket given to Misty in MYM or TYT, I don’t remember.
Background Pony #E7BC
Ah, then I guess Misty destroying it here is okay. Although I still stand by my opinion on important character arcs.
Background Pony #E7BC
You know I think it’s a shame Misty destroyed the necklace before Posey got to wear it. XD
CloudMistDragon
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Artist -

Misty Shadow
So screw me and call me a horse’s rear, I was wrong. That shot of Pipp rocking on the guitar was NOT from something related to the Bridlewoodstock special. Never would’ve expected it would be related to an evil Pipp. XD This new TYT episode was hilarious and Misty absolutely slayed it. One of my favorites.
Background Pony #15E7
This episode goes hard. The “She’s going to love me for at least five minutes” line. Zipp being observant and grabbing the necklace. Izzy sensing that the necklace is evil. The necklace itself feeling like this genuinely cursed relic. The fact that Izzy could sense that it’s evil tells me that a “sparkle” is a real thing.
Misty rushing in and saving her friends from the necklace and then destroying it is the first major step in her switching sides. After years of emotional abuse, she probably doesn’t know how to ask for help, and feels like she doesn’t deserve it. What I love about G5 is that they’re not afraid to just casually throw in major plot developments into TYT.
Hot take: this episode did the “inverted personalities” thing better than “Return of Harmony”.
Very interesting TYT episode that lives up to all expectations and has to be considered one of the best as you see character development in the form of Misty choosing her friends over Opaline, her “mother” who will undoubtedly be angry when she realizes what had happened.
According to Izzy, who can sense magic or more precisely cutie mark magic, the necklace was evil, and when it was destroyed, a lot of magic was released. Then that means the locket was made to store magic and must be added by the designer, which could be Opaline. It is possible that it was made in the time when Twilight Sparkle ruled and as this was “Anti-Sparkle” which created reverse personalities in those who came into contact with the necklace - this was probably a weapon against Twilight Sparkle. Remember what Discord said; “ - then truly terrible things happened. Much of which is far too frightening to describe - “.
First the locket mirror that Sunny got in C2, then this necklace - both of which were clearly created as magical communication items with the ability to receive, store and spread magic, then it means that Opaline may have had the skills to create magical items. As she liked to operate in secret to manipulate and sabotage from the shadows, these magical items are perfect for achieving her goals. This can partly explain how she managed to create discord among the ponies in G4, she not only used propaganda and subversives, she had also used magic to corrupt ponies. From C2, we know that she wants the magic out of control because she believes it will be at its strongest, and will empower her when she assimilates it.
Also, it is possible that Misty was not affected because she is loyal to Opaline, who is sometimes so paranoid that she does not trust others, not even a possible adopted daughter, and then she should emphasize loyalty to her. The corrupt magic was a security measure so that no one would take what was hers if they were not loyal to her. Misty knew about the risk probably because Opaline had informed her of these peculiar peculiarities about the necklace. She was not surprised by what she witnessed. Besides, she knew that if the magic in the necklace were to get out of control, it could also attack her.
The Mane 5 didn’t see Opaline because Misty had her back to them when the fire alicorn manifested. They had also not understood the nature behind the necklace, which they probably thought was a family heirloom for Misty, and thus did not suspect a third party. Misty doesn’t tell them about Opaline, but she had chosen to help out her friends by destroying the bond with her possible adoptive mother. But the episode has been an important learning experience for the Mane 5, the necklace forces them to act on the opposite of their thoughts and conditionings - and it gives them a new insight. Especially for Zipp who revealed that she did not want to become the crown princess because she feared what would come with the power. Sunny has also revealed that she is true to the ideals of Twilight Sparkle.
This episode has revealed to us a small part of what happened between Opaline and possibly the Mane 6 in G4. We’ve learned from both IDW comics and MYM C2 that she doesn’t like direct confrontation and prefers to operate in secret when sabotaging, undermining and destabilizing her goals, such as the ponies’ peace and the Mane 6. Her attack on Fluttershy may have been part of her plan, and as Sunny in C2 had noted, when she mentioned such an episode without knowing the details. It is possible that Opaline may at some point have managed to corrupt Twilight. But we also know that Twilight overcame her and took away her magic with the help of the Unity Crystals, which were designed to secure the magic against future magic thieves.
It has been mentioned that Misty has not appeared in IDW Comics so far, but it seems that there is a time gap of more than half a year between IDW and TYT/MYM. Probably the first cover with the New Mane 6 will come in June 2023 after the end of C4.
🧡☮Starrscout☮🧡
Duck - Hates MLP:FiM but still paddles around the MLP:FiM pond quacking about how bad it is
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).

I can’t comment this on EQD as of now, but I just got done watching As The Misty Clears, and it was pretty good! The opposite personalities were a little exaggerated, but that must be on purpose. I REALLY feel that Sunny should’ve had Izzy’s line about the pegasi and unicorns! I like seeing new settings, that hill where she dropped the necklace off. Just one thing: what will happen next? Will Opaline find a way to get out of the necklace? Does this ep take place somewhere around MYM Chapter 4? Or is the next episode not even going to say what happened next?
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
Man Misty must be like, the Element of Good or something if she can wear evil jewelry and not turn evil.
That or it only works on ponies with cutie marks.
Dragonpone
Unamused - Derpi Supporter
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Elements of Harmony -
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Philomena - For helping others attend the 2021 community collab

Badge Dragon
@Dustcan
The medallion’s got a binary protagonist/antagonist detector and Misty’s still under villain sponsorship so she gets away on a technicality.
CloudMistDragon
Artist -

Misty Shadow
@Dustcan
My theory is that the necklace doesn’t work on ponies with a high tolerance of evil energy. Misty must have that kind of tolerance from being around Opaline for so long.
Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

Music Connoisseur
“First time?”
I liked this episode, everyone shined through and it was really fun seeing the main characters act the opposite of themselves. Pipp being into metal was really great and the line where Misty said: “Opaline is gonna love me for five minutes” genuinely made me laugh even though it’s messed up. Now I wonder how Opaline herself might react seeing the magical necklace broken?
TheQuietMan
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition

House of the Arcana
@Mr.Myoozik
Someone reminded me of the Dark Water ponies when the main Prime versions (not alternate universe nor evil clones, the main characters in the main continuity itself) are corrupted by water bewitched with black magic. So good guys turned bad. And more accurate to describe the corrupted 5. That but also because Discord did it first. Wait, they’re corrupted twice in g4? Damn, the big heroes have the weakest wills.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Sky Railroad Merch Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide