MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread

Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
It confused me for a moment to have Izzy recite poetry under the influence of the amulet. But then, that was one of the few hobbies unicorns had back in Bridlewood. She may be more into crafts as part of her creativity but surely she dabbled in poetry before.
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
Kinda messed up that Zipp and Pipp don’t want their single mom to shag when Zipp totes wants to shag a single father.
Background Pony #6FC9
Opaline has a picture of Sunny taped to a dartboard, that she throws darts at.
Background Pony #15E7
@Mr.Myoozik
Someone reminded me of the Dark Water ponies when the main Prime versions (not alternate universe nor evil clones, the main characters in the main continuity itself) are corrupted by water bewitched with black magic. So good guys turned bad. And more accurate to describe the corrupted 5. That but also because Discord did it first. Wait, they’re corrupted twice in g4? Damn, the big heroes have the weakest wills.
Some have noted the red pupils in the eyes, and this is a nod to the arc of the Dark Water from IDW G4 #43-44. There, the Mane 6 found a mysterious hot spring en route from Abyssinia when they reached the home regions around Ponyville. According to Zecora who examined the spring, this is due to latent magic that had come out to the wells that were not far from Everfree, and Twilight had noted that it was a geothermal process, the water had come from the depths of the landscape around Everfree. And with that, dark magic that Luna recognized from her time as Nightmare Moon. When Zecora put a potion in the water, smoke came out as a result.
There are too many similarities between the dark water and the necklace considering how the victims of the magic behaved. Although the Mane 6 were not reversed because their qualities received a “turbo injection”, they were twisted in the same way as the Mane 5 who had their qualities turned upside down. This means it could be the same dark magic. And this one that Opaline uses may have its origin in the Everfree which we have learned in the last seasons of G4, contained a lot of dark magic - and there were more mysterious magical puzzles there, like the mirror water and the dangerous vegetation that had come out of control in S9.
Opaline had learned how to use dark magic, so who taught her, and where did she find dark magic that she could infuse into her own magical items? She may have gone to the Everfree in the time before she became an alicorn. It could be where she decided to turn evil and cause chaos and strife among the ponies to steal their magic. Perhaps the Discord Arc was the starting point for Opaline’s “career” as a villain when she pushed Fluttershy in Ponyville. She was someone’s student until it happened.
This is a possible connection here.
Background Pony #78BB
@Shimmering Spectacle
But I am careful, I just shared a link. You are free to choose what you want to do with it. You can watch it or not. It’s not a picture neither a screencap. It’s just a link. Don’t act like I am giving people spoilers by sharing a link.
Background Pony #C1C5
G5 has cute, likeable characters, great music, and decent animation.
If it had better writing, it would be almost as good as G4.
CloudMistDragon
Artist -

Misty Shadow
@Briarlight
Interesting how they call whatever they’re doing a “programme”. That made me feel somewhat doubtful of this source’s accuracy at first, but I checked, and it is part of what Hasbro has disclosed about their recent licensing developments. Whatever adaptation IDW may be doing for Tell Your Tale, I’m for it.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide