Unpopular opinion time

Ebalosus
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Silver Bit -
Sapphire -
Happy Derpy! -
Bronze Supporter -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Build commie blocks!
@Dustcan  
@Latecomer

Like I said, I’m not particularly fussed either way, as I see it as a when did the eugenics wars take place in Star Trek lore again? type question. I’m going to rewatch the entire series soon in order to see how everything holds up, so maybe I’ll change my mind.
Sadrai

The whole Snips and Snails are always used as henchmen thing is false the only time they were used as henchmen was really was Equestria girls movie and I don’t count magic duel or Boast busters plus they had more appearances were they weren’t used as henchmen so I never understood were the henchmen thing came from in the fandom?
AC97
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition

@Philweasel

Hmm… an interesting point.

The most impressive thing Luna ever did was probably drawing an entire town into a shared dream (having to actively sustain all that) and still having enough power left over to hurt the Tantabus a bit.

She can also make the difference on, say, beating Sombra versus it being a lot more problematic. …The consensus is still generally that “Sombra is alicorn-level,” right?

@Dex Stewart

That’s a funny visual pun, that I’d never noticed before, lol.
Sadrai

@Vivace  
I guess your right even tho it only happen in two episodes also Imo I think spike is a way bigger simp than Snips and Snails combine since he was simp for rarity most of the series.
Sadrai

@Brass Beau  
But I thought in Boast busters they just did that stuff for Trixie because they wanted to not because they were manipulated and didn’t Trixie force them to do stuff for her in magic duel rather than manipulate, in Equestria girls movie I will agree with you, it’s just people were always exaggerating how many times it happen Imo of course.
Brass Beau

Howdy from Shimmer Pope
@Vivace  
She certainly treated him like one more often than as a brother or friend.

@Sadrai  
Depends on how we define manipulation but at the end of the day, canon is fanon. It took about two seconds of screen time to ship half the minor cast. I’m not much of a fan of the portrayal myself.
Sadrai

@Brass Beau  
What do you mean canon is fanon? And i kind of agree I didn’t like when in Equestria girls How they were portrayed as henchmen for Sunseat doing anything she said and just acting mean
Brass Beau

Howdy from Shimmer Pope
@Sadrai  
Whoops. Should have been “fanon is fanon.”  
I think they only used Snips and Snails because they didn’t want to make a third character. They basically needed “dumb and morally questionable comic relief” characters and settled on Snips and Snails. It could have been influenced by their portrayal in Boast Busters but we likely will never know.
Brass Beau

Howdy from Shimmer Pope
@Hali the Emoji girl  
The most likely in universe answer. I’m guessing Snips was the one that ran up and offered their services. He’s probably tried to exploit the position at least once for personal gain. It likely didn’t end well for him.
Philweasel
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.

Right About Everything
@Philweasel
The most impressive thing Luna ever did was probably drawing an entire town into a shared dream (having to actively sustain all that) and still having enough power left over to hurt the Tantabus a bit.

All of which is related to her special talent. Again I’m compelled to bring up hitting Discord with a sleep spell in the comics, and it working. Luna’s dream powers are actually kinda OP, though in fairness she is occasionally vulnerable to the things inside the dream (though the only things that have ever seriously challenged her are things from Discord’s dreams).

Let’s also consider that the Tantabus was HER creation.

She can also make the difference on, say, beating Sombra versus it being a lot more problematic.

Don’t get me wrong, she’s no scrub. Again going to the comics (where she occasionally gets to win fights, instead of going down like a scrub in five seconds to any edgelord who tries), Luna actually rarely loses. She’s beat Chrysalis handily. She held her own against shadow beasts, well after everyone else went down (Twilight was still a unicorn at this point). She dueled against a heavily powered up Rarity, twice (Nightmare Rarity, and Darkwater Rarity) and held her own both times. She overpowered Applejack and Pinky in a melee.

Luna is strong, but still nothing suggests to me that she would win in a fight against say… Tempest Shadow, Starlight Glimmer, Princess Twilight or her sister.  
The consensus is still generally that “Sombra is alicorn-level,” right?

EVERYTHING we’ve seen of him pretty much implies that. Even without the comics (which are… dubious canon for the most part) Luna and Celestia face him together, he never seems scared of them, and he duels final season Twilight fairly competently. He also apparently beat Starlight Glimmer without any difficulty.
Brass Beau

Howdy from Shimmer Pope
@Philweasel  
To quote a certain abridged series, “power levels are bullyay!” As for Luna, she’s a character that is very easy to write poorly but overall I’d say she operates on a more personal level than her sister, despite her demeanor. And she’s wonderfully hilarious in the comics.
Philweasel
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.

Right About Everything
@Brass Beau  
She’s great in the comics. It’s interesting because I find her dull in the series on occasion, but the comics manage to write ‘introverted, stoic Luna’ really well. She’s the main character in some of the comic’s best stories.

It helps that she’s not OP. She’s cool and badass, but she normally needs help to get things done. She’s always threatened, but never helpless.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ministry of Image - Fanfiction Printing

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide