Music thread

Commune
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Betrayal! - Betrayed their team for a badge. Shame forever!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

🚙
You know, I tried to give the cover of Dauði Baldrs the benefit of the doubt and try to wave off the feeling at the back of my head that the cover is anti semitic but I just saw a comment by a guy with Adolf Hitler in his name calling the cover based so yeah I don’t feel like it anymore
Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

Music Connoisseur
Someone in a music Discord server I’m in thought that Heartache Tonight by The Eagles was “boogie rock”. Yeah no, Grand Funk Railroad is boogie rock, not the band who gave us Hotel California and New Kid In Town. GFR and The Eagles should not be in the same sentence at all.
Mellow! You forgot to say something about this!
TheHappySpaceman
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Artist -

Sweet F.A.
@TheHappySpaceman
Listened to it last night, but I was too tired to come up with anything constructive. I’ve had to remind myself how to think like a sound engineer.
I’ve listened a couple of times since, and think it sounds really good. The chorus has been stuck in my head all day. I especially like the synth bit that comes in at 0:50. The only thing I can think of is adding a very slight delay effect to the vocal track in the chorus, to give it a bit more punch.
Outside the realm of mixing, after getting everything balanced, you probably don’t want to re-record anything. But I would add an extra variation to the melody of the chorus in the outro, like starting the second “are we gonna do this tonight” on A, and then hitting a high C for “blue”.
Late, but thanks a ton for listening! I’ll definitely implement your feedback in the final mix. I’ve been wondering about the reverb on the chorus, and I’ll be sure to amp that up! Glad you liked it as well, I was definitely going for a catchy, stadium-ready chorus for that.
DerpyFast
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.

So here’s an exercise:
In your music library, each song should have a release year. What’s the longest continuous stretch of release years your library has?
@TheHappySpaceman
Glad I could help. I can honestly imagine it playing on a “classic hits” radio station.
TheHappySpaceman
Artist -

Sweet F.A.
@DerpyFast
Surprisingly, 1999-2021 with 740 songs from that range.
I’d have assumed it would be my stretch of songs from 1973-1979 (117 songs), or from 1986-1992 (118 songs), but no. Again, surprising. Hell, I have more songs from 2012 and 2015 than any other years (67 songs in each).
DerpyFast
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.

Mine’s 1955 to 2018.
Some years it came down to a tiny number of songs:
1955: Rock Around The Clock
Heck, my stretch from 1955-1961 only exists because of an oldies CD I picked up.
1962 came down to “Love Me Do”
1995 came down to two songs by Headstones and “Scatman”
1998 came down to “One Week” and “Tunak Tunak Tun”
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Sky Railroad Merch Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide