Music thread

Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

Music Connoisseur
On this day 48 years ago, shock rock artist Alice Cooper fell off the stage during his “Welcome To My Nightmare” tour in Vancouver, Canada. He broke six ribs but made a full recovery.
Dashie41 YT
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).

Negan Guy
This week has been amazing in metal
Dethklok and Cannibal Corpse with new music also i heard the new Horrendous track my favourite in 2023
Mr.Myoozik
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

Music Connoisseur
I don’t know why critics dunked on Bad Wolves’ cover of The Cranberries’ “Zombie” back when it charted, I thought it was a solid and good tribute to Dolores O’Riordan. That and it was the first real rock song with guitar riffs and solos to chart on the Hot 100 in a long time so I don’t get the vitriol against it
Starless
Lunar Champion - Led the charge of major battles for the New Lunar Republic, bringing swift and crushing defeat to the forces of the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Artist -
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Prog rock pony
@Mr.Myoozik
I guess because it isn’t pure pop.
Rock has been dead obscure for at least a decade. Apart from several nostalgia acts like Metallica and AC/DC, there aren’t any big rock bands left, just pop bands like Imagine Dragons and Coldplay that call themselves “rock”. Rock music will never be mainstream again.
Critics’ shouldn’t matter and oftentimes they get things very wrong (like claiming Ozzy Osbourne single-handedly invented heavy metal, Pink Floyd popularized progressive rock, or Nirvana was the first grunge band to make it big). The opinions and lists of rolling stone, watchmojo, and other websites and magazines should not be treated as “official” or the right opinions. There are no right opinions. Just because that pretentious magazine decided “Respect” by “Aretha Franklin” was the greatest song of all time doesn’t automatically make it the greatest song. There isn’t one.
♬𝕸𝖊𝖑𝖑𝖔𝖜 𝕽𝖍𝖞𝖙𝖍𝖒♪
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Lunar Champion - Led the charge of major battles for the New Lunar Republic, bringing swift and crushing defeat to the forces of the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

💙Glass Sight's Chocopon💙
Critics’ shouldn’t matter and oftentimes they get things very wrong (like claiming Ozzy Osbourne single-handedly invented heavy metal, Pink Floyd popularized progressive rock, or Nirvana was the first grunge band to make it big). The opinions and lists of rolling stone, watchmojo, and other websites and magazines should not be treated as “official” or the right opinions. There are no right opinions. Just because that pretentious magazine decided “Respect” by “Aretha Franklin” was the greatest song of all time doesn’t automatically make it the greatest song. There isn’t one.
Agreed. If I really want anyone else’s opinion these days when it comes to music, I listen/read those of the regular “pedestrian” music fans, not the self-apointed critics.
And damn straight! What soon became known as heavy metal had already been steadily developing throughout the 60s (and arguably the seed was sown in the 50s alongside hard rock when distortion effects developed in the electric guitar). I cringe every a publication alleges or outright says that Black Sabbath just happened to magic it all out of the blue one night. They were already influenced by bands like Cream who were playing loud, and happened to take it to the next logical step. I’d say though that they improved upon the genre and brought it to more public attention
Mr.Myoozik

Music Connoisseur
You guys misinterpreted my comment, it didn’t have anything to do with metal’s origins or what critic’s preferences in music is, I was complaining that a hard rock cover of a 90’s grunge song that happened to chart on the Hot 100 didn’t get a lot of praise when I felt like I was the only one who found it solid. I wanted people to agree with me and back me up on this so I wouldn’t feel alone.
♬𝕸𝖊𝖑𝖑𝖔𝖜 𝕽𝖍𝖞𝖙𝖍𝖒♪
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

💙Glass Sight's Chocopon💙
@Mr.Myoozik
As for the song you mentioned, I csn’t quite imagine why the critics dunked on that song, especially since I know it isn’t bad.
By the way, sure Starless, Mildgyth and I did go on a bit of a tangent, but nost of us did agree that wheb it comes down to it, the opinion of the critics shouldn’t matter too much if you prefer to like what you like
Mr.Myoozik

Music Connoisseur
@Mellow Rhythm
Someone agrees with me, yes! Validation!
Well seeing that I am a critic who surrounds myself with other music critics on Discord, it’s a way to learn a new perspective on something and seeing different subjectives takes on it rather than some “best song ever” or “worst song ever” title that publications tend to blindly give and repeat over and over
Starless
Artist -
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Prog rock pony
@Starless
Agreed. If I really want anyone else’s opinion these days when it comes to music, I listen/read those of the regular “pedestrian” music fans, not the self-apointed critics.
Yeah same.
And damn straight! What soon became known as heavy metal had already been steadily developing throughout the 60s (and arguably the seed was sown in the 50s alongside hard rock when distortion effects developed in the electric guitar). I cringe every a publication alleges or outright says that Black Sabbath just happened to magic it all out of the blue one night. They were already influenced by bands like Cream who were playing loud, and happened to take it to the next logical step. I’d say though that they improved upon the genre and brought it to more public attention
Yeah they did, and so did Deep Purple (although they usually aren’t considered metal), but we’ve discussed this before. And my problem isn’t with Black Sabbath receiving all the credit, but Ozzy Osbourne. Tony Iommi wrote all the songs. Ozzy just happened to be in the right band at the right time.
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
It still amazes me that a guy who got his start basically being a soft-rock crooner would end up being the “godfather of shock rock” in the same lifetime.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Pony Arts & Prints!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide