Music thread

TheHappySpaceman
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Artist -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Sweet F.A.
@Mr.Myoozik
Fair enough, although I think that just happens to any band anyway. And I’m sure they’re crying all the way to the bank about it with how much airplay “Beautiful Day” still gets.
@Shavkat Rakhmonov
That fits really well!
“Cosmic,” and particularly that last part, is the closest LIBAD came to the proggy sound they developed on The Stage, and particularly that final track “Exist.” In hindsight, “Cosmic” kinda moves my heart–don’t listen to that song if someone close to you has recently died, people.
♬𝕸𝖊𝖑𝖑𝖔𝖜 𝕽𝖍𝖞𝖙𝖍𝖒♪
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Champion - Led the charge of major battles for the New Lunar Republic, bringing swift and crushing defeat to the forces of the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

💙Glass Sight's Chocopon💙
@Shavkat Rakhmonov
So then, is the song one of those “purposefully tug at your hearstrings and devastate you” types like that one song by the Caretaker?
In any case, I hadn’t thought of it that way; I only sampled the song Sear linked for a short while, because I was at work, and didn’t take into account the lyrics). It’s nearly been a whole year since my grandmother passed away (in mid June 2022), so she definitely counts as a loved one.
Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

Music Connoisseur
On this day 52 years ago, Jim Morrison, frontman of the rock band The Doors, passes away from a heart attack, often speculated to be from a heroin overdose in a bathtub in Paris, France. He was 27 years old, another famous victim of the infamous 27 Club
TheHappySpaceman
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Artist -

Sweet F.A.
Does it strike anyone else as odd that “indie” used to mean independent, yet most popular indie bands these days are signed to one of the big three record labels?
Holofan4life
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Wallet After Summer Sale -
A Perfectly Normal Pony - The best thing about being an anime mod is you get to eat babies for free
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary

I II II L
Sitting in the back seat, by the window
I hear my heart beating, hitting the crescendo
I don’t really care if you’re a monster girl
I just really care if you’re my monster, girl
This ain’t no bloody tale ‘bout how I’ll fix her
I know I’ll never be your elixir
To me, I promise to never use ya
But that doesn’t stop others, ‘cause to them, you’re only Medusa
SleepySteve
Duck - Believes in a quack for a quack. Not a fan of being civil to others.

Apples and Pears
I find it so amusing that Warner Music and Universal Music are named after the film studios despite neither having had any connection to said studios for almost 20 years.
Galestorm
Lunar Champion - Led the charge of major battles for the New Lunar Republic, bringing swift and crushing defeat to the forces of the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Betrayal! - Betrayed their team for a badge. Shame forever!
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!

Monocle Gentlesir
@TheHappySpaceman
I always thought the “indie” part was the style, particularly indie rock but as I don’t tend to listen to much of that, I never really thought a lot about it but as I got older, I had a feeling it’d be short for “independent”.
Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

Music Connoisseur
Goddammit, it looks like not even Olivia Rodrigo will dethrone Morgan Wallen for the number one spot on the Hot 100. There has to be something shady going on between Morgan’s label and the radio stations cause it seems suspicious that a song this unnoteworthy has been number one for a few months without letting other songs take the top spot
Starless
Artist -
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Prog rock pony
@Dashie41 YT
Yeah popularity doesn’t equate to greatness. The Billboard charts were always plagued with terrible pop artists but at least in the 70s almost any great rock band could have a top 50 album. Nowadays it’s impossible for any rock or metal band to make the charts unless they’re already a big name like Metallica. The top album sales chart is less bad as it doesn’t take streaming into consideration (what the charts used to be), but regardless, metal and rock are pretty much nonexistent now unless it’s some pop band that advertises as “rock”.
Starless
Artist -
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Prog rock pony
@Mellow Rhythm
Yeah it has always been like that, which sort of explains why bands like King Crimson and Yes aren’t as huge as Pink Floyd and Queen despite being more talented. Songs like Wish You Were Here and Bohemian Rhapsody are easier listening than Starless and Close to the Edge, but from what I’ve seen, the general populace is more interested in looks and whatever’s popular. Any kind of subreddit (Reddit sucks btw) or other music community I’ve lurked, mostly those of popular bands but even bands like King Crimson have those fanboys/fangirls who, instead of discussing the music, prefer to post pictures of their favorite members or discuss whose the best looking member of the band (yes I actually saw a thread like that in /r/kingcrimson some time ago).
I doubt the charts will ever have more actual rock music but popularity shouldn’t matter when it comes to music as long as you can still listen to it, and it doesn’t matter if an album was released yesterday or 60 years ago.
And while I’m at it I might as well say that while I was away from this site a couple months ago, I listened to Argus by Wishbone Ash and it’s since become one of my favorite albums.
Commune
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Betrayal! - Betrayed their team for a badge. Shame forever!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.

🚙
@Dashie41 YT
Stop caring about meaningless statistics and just listening to what you like
Black Metal is never being mainstream and I still love it nonetheless(musically, the artists I very much could do without)
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ministry of Image - Fanfiction Printing

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide