MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread

Background Pony #5D06
Wasn’t Snap Shutter Scootaloo’s dad? I don’t know Shutter Snap, but I think she was chrysalis’ pony disguise?
🧡☮Starrscout☮🧡
Duck - Hates MLP:FiM but still paddles around the MLP:FiM pond quacking about how bad it is
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).

WOOOO!!!! Last night, I watched Top Remodel and Bridlewoodstock, and I reallly like it!
Top Remodel - Sprout making an appearance was nice, and I like the Ghostbusters reference by Hitch in the beginning. “Madame Taffytail” reminded me of Senore Buttersctoch a bit.
I liked Bridlewoodstock! How they brought back Minty, Bluebelle, and Snuzzle was great (I did NOT expect her name to be Minty or for them to be G1 comebacks). Some things I disliked were the whole concert being pushed to the last minutes of the special, and the “you’ll be the headliner” drama
Background Pony #78BB
Given how dusty that book that Misty found was, I think no one thought of reading it for years if not centuries. They probably thought it was gibberish.
Background Pony #78BB
So when are we going to see the air alicorn, water alicorn, and earth alicorn?
GoodVibesGorgeous
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -

Grumpy and antisocial
I’ve seen some clips from Chapter 4 on YouTube (I’ve only watched episodes 1-3 so far ‘cause I’m a lazy son of a female dog) and I’m glad I finally understood what the heck “fire alicorn” means. However, this makes me wonder: Since Opaline, Cadance, Celestia, and Luna can both control and empower themselves with the element/feeling/astronomical object/some other concept they’re associated with, does this mean that Twilight Sparkle can control friendship? As in, make ponies who hate each other forcibly become friends. And which element/feeling/astronomical object/some other concept Flurry Heart is associated to? What she can control and make herself stronger? Ice/snow? Crystals? Could it be that at some point in the history of Skyros (I think that was the name of Opaline, Celestia, and Luna’s homeplace) there was an alicorn capable of controlling planets? Or black holes?
Background Pony #C1C5
Pipp was arguably the least popular member of the Mane Five when ANG came out.
What a difference 2 years makes.
Background Pony #BA12
@Background Pony #78BB
Also just because they have some books about Ancient Equestria doesn’t mean ponies will just read it or say it is true. History is always there but they can just think it is all legends. The new Mane Six know they are not legends though. The same can’t be said about the other ponies.
From the movie we know that the books were wrong as discovered by Sunny when she came to Zephyr Heights. Also, the royal library is a bit unusual, it looks like this was something Twilight Sparkle would have left behind, and we know from TYT that Zephyr Heights wasn’t a city several centuries ago, but a residence with base facilities for the Wonderbolts. Perhaps the library housed parts of her book collection, which could explain the book about the alicorns that magically fell on Misty’s head. The library was also restrictive and not open to most ponies, just like Celestia’s own library in Canterlot. Why Queen Haven has such a library and precisely why the information from there was not used for her family’s own gain is a mystery. In the movie it looks like Queen Haven wasn’t surprised that the unicorns had lost their magic too. So Zipp has unknowingly - found the biggest mystery outside of Equestria’s collapse. Her own family, and she doesn’t know it. She should have realized this, but thinks her antipathy to having a lot of power gets in the way.
There are still secrets in Bridlewood and Zephyr Heights. Sparky’s attraction to magical objects and the interest in the large tree showed that there was something special about it, while the library in ZH was definitely something out of the ordinary.
Background Pony #BA12
I’ve seen some clips from Chapter 4 on YouTube (I’ve only watched episodes 1-3 so far ‘cause I’m a lazy son of a female dog) and I’m glad I finally understood what the heck “fire alicorn” means. However, this makes me wonder: Since Opaline, Cadance, Celestia, and Luna can both control and empower themselves with the element/feeling/astronomical object/some other concept they’re associated with, does this mean that Twilight Sparkle can control friendship? As in, make ponies who hate each other forcibly become friends. And which element/feeling/astronomical object/some other concept Flurry Heart is associated to? What she can control and make herself stronger? Ice/snow? Crystals? Could it be that at some point in the history of Skyros (I think that was the name of Opaline, Celestia, and Luna’s homeplace) there was an alicorn capable of controlling planets? Or black holes?
We do not know. But Opaline said; “elemental duty” - what does she mean by that? It won’t be surprising if alicorns are able to “control and empower themselves with the element/feeling/astronomical object/some other concept they’re associated with”, because they are magical creatures that sprung from ponies’ magic and we know that elemental magic is central to the teachings of magic for the ponies. In the beginning there were probably four elements; fire, water, earth, air. From there, more and more elements could arise, the first being zero/magic, although it is possible that there is a sixth and final element as part of the base elements. - Fire, Water, Earth, Air, Nothing/Magic and maybe Harmony/Unity/Friendship. There are always six items each time. Opaline explained these are “conduits” for pony magic. But over time there will be many more and more elements, so we will have different elements from pony to pony. Opaline admitted that Unity - Harmony in G4 - or Friendship, is the key to accessing the ponies’ magic. Only an alicorn at full strength does not need to use this key as the elements, which Sunny in G5 and Twilight in G4 have. Alicorns are very frighteningly strong, for elemental magic seemed to be limitless, - if an alicorn has an element that enables the manipulation of planets or black holes, this is not inconceivable.
Dragonpone
Unamused - Derpi Supporter
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Elements of Harmony -
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Philomena - For helping others attend the 2021 community collab

Badge Dragon
@Background Pony #C1C5
You could say she had a major glow up :D
That’s something I find fascinating as well, I guess it helps that the royal sisters often feel like the main protagonists of G5. I’d be interested to see how popularity poll results would change in a recent poll as compared to the ones done after the movie came out.
Background Pony #BA12
Perhaps she was the first alicorn. The book is quite thick to be about “just a few” alicorns, and there weren’t many pages about Opaline. We know that Argyle Starshine had figured out what Opaline’s cutie mark looked like. As Celestia is part of the cover, it could mean that much of the content was about her. And the city in the cover could be Canterlot. Perhaps the book was created by Twilight who had undoubtedly spent a lot of energy finding out about the alicorns. Based on what Opaline had revealed and the size of the book, the information about an “alicorn tribe” may be correct.
But; the mysterious alicorn shows what a fully grown alicorn looked like in G5. Opaline is still in “Luna” mode, so if Twilight 2.0 appeared, she’s going to look like this alicorn. And maybe Sunny himself at the end of G5. The blanket from TYT has shown that she will be bigger than her friends in the end.
Background Pony #C1C5
Pipp: Uh, I don’t know. This is literally what every sport looks like to me.
Pipp is based.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Pony Arts & Prints!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide