Season 5 episode discussion (Stream & episode links in first post)

Villain Pony

copy&paste
Personally, speaking of superpowered characters like Twi and Starlight, I just hope they don’t do what Dragonball Z did where there’s like two or three characters who do EVERYTHING while the rest of the cast is utterly and entirely useless.

Yeah, this is more of a typical shonen thing than anything DBZ. Hell, even in DBZ the other characters get to do something. Then agian most people think DBZ is all screaming and explosions, rather then the simple but fun story it is.
DanielTepesKraus
Greatest Poster in the Board -
GREEN - TALK TO ME
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Equality - Was more equal than the rest of the people during the event and did the only smart thing: wasn't there :^)

will return
@Villain Pony  
Okay, full stop. I’ve watched every episode of Dragonball Z. I can say with a completely straight face that yes: it is nothing but explosions, hyper-fast fight scenes where they replay the same 30 frame clip a few times over, screaming for episodes on end, and random filler episodes.
Villain Pony

copy&paste
@Villain Pony
Okay, full stop. I’ve watched every episode of Dragonball Z. I can say with a completely straight face that yes: it is nothing but explosions, hyper-fast fight scenes where they replay the same 30 frame clip a few times over, screaming for episodes on end, and random filler episodes.

Then check out DBZ Kai. Cuts out all of the filler. Wait, how long was it since you watched it? Because most who make those comments haven’t seen it in a while ot none at all.
DanielTepesKraus
Greatest Poster in the Board -
GREEN - TALK TO ME
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Equality - Was more equal than the rest of the people during the event and did the only smart thing: wasn't there :^)

will return
@Jades  
I never said it like it was a bad thing. I love shows like Commando and Escape From New York, and I’ll be the first to admit they’re stupid as all hell and nothing but corny cliches.

@Villain Pony  
The fact that they actually had to release a trimmed-down recut only validates the claim though.
Aurora Glimmer

Wow! Glimmer
@Red-Supernova  
Her “motivation” for becoming evil was lazy as shit. I’d have liked her more if they’d put more effort into her backstory and redemption. Discord’s lack of a backstory actually benefits him, IMHO: I’d rather have a character whose backstory is mysterious than a character whose backstory is shit.

@SeraphimDawn  
I was always a fan of villain Discord, because he reminded me of characters like the Joker or Kefka. Now that he’s reformed, he reminds me more of the Creeper or the Mask.

@DanielTepesKraus  
So Glimmer is the Mane Six’s Token Evil Teammate? If Discord wasn’t already, that is.
Goremise

@SeraphimDawn

Well no, actually, the artist himself took the website down cause he thought it wasn’t good enough/ didn’t have time for it anymore, so made the choice to just remove the site and the site’s info pages and forums ect.

@Background Pony #FFE2  
Yup! But with the sprite changes that person did also added on a few other bugs people noticed as well as a few characters glitching out during combat. I am however glad that a link to download the now much more hidden and TOTALY AWESOME pony hack for FF6 still exists however.

@Nutkicker12  
ALL OF IT!

LITERATLY ALL OF IT!

Seriously, I had to PAUSE the video when Twilight Walked in on the rest of the mane 6 while they were at the table xD HAHA! XD “BTW YOU ARE ALL UNDER A SPELL AND I UNDERSTAND YOU ARE ALL CRAZY”

I know I am in the minority with that one however. lol.

@DanielTepesKraus  
isn’t this the part about how Twilight, the friendship “princess” who now has op powers to be able to do anything from time travel, to stopping two nations in time, too transforming any being to any other being, who is less knowledgeable on friendship then all of her mane 6 friends, and Spike, managing to convince a super evil mare that she should be friends with them? xD

OK, I will admit, I didn’t like the breezie episode that much, at all, but still enjoy it entirely for the art that spawned thanks to Dash asking those questions at the end :P
Goremise

If anything the only reason we see less Twilight now is because the show has made her too op. Even in the episode with the cutie map with her, it was Fluttershy that actually did all the “friendship” stuff. it feels like they seem to have less of an idea what to do with her then they had in S4, and even then we barely saw her expect for the finale, where we see her well…

DBZ IT UP! XD
ghostfacekiller39
Duck - Bona fide shitposter - ignore or report

Sunny Day Realtor
@Goremise  
fluttershy didn’t do shit in that episode, you give her too much credit

she just reiterated what the animals told her and sat around while twilight was the only one putting forth an effort to help the two families

reiterating what the animals told her is far more than she usually does, though, so eh
Red-Supernova
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Betrayal! - Betrayed their team for a badge. Shame forever!
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Thread Starter - The Mega Man thread!
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.

Passionate opinionator
@Crystal Neighybánya  
If it was so lazy, then why are there people who sympathize with her?

@DanielTepesKraus  
I know that fear. This is why whenever I talk about what each ponies strengths are using video game terms, I consider Twilight to be the highest at magical strength but is well-rounded in every other stat compared to her friends.
Goremise

@ghostfacekiller39

explain to me what Twilight did? all they did was use her as a running gag of her reading “how to friendship” from a book, then used her op powers to freeze everything while Fluttershy explained it all because of all the foreshadowing of her protecting animals, led to her explaining the animals situation to the ponies.

Or did we watch the same episode? They literately made Twilight a fool in the episode like she forgot everything she has learnt, and had Fluttershy save them all, so don’t say she didn’t do anything, when we all know that’s not true.

Fluttershy often does more then Twilight does anyway.

@Crystal Neighybánya  
This is what I have talked about before, (with my friends), some more episodes that are Twilight focused, where she has to do everything without the use of magic, and actually use what she has learnt to solve friendship problems.

Even in Amending Fences, she cheated and used magic to look at the past. (Why she didn’t just do this with Glimmer, I have no idea)

A episode featuring her family would be nice too, I mean really, just some good slice of life episodes with her be great. Have her doing the work instead of being bailed out by the rest of the mane 6 would be totally awesome :D

“Twilight learnt this today about friendship and helped truly solve a problem that 2 friends were having by using her past experience and wisdom gained from her friends among the mane 6”
Nutkicker12
Artist -

explain to me what Twilight did? all they did was use her as a running gag of her reading “how to friendship” from a book, then used her op powers to freeze everything while Fluttershy explained it all because of all the foreshadowing of her protecting animals, led to her explaining the animals situation to the ponies.
Or did we watch the same episode? They literately made Twilight a fool in the episode like she forgot everything she has learnt, and had Fluttershy save them all, so don’t say she didn’t do anything, when we all know that’s not true.
Fluttershy often does more then Twilight does anyway.

her “how to friendship” book was of her own writing otherwise she wouldn’t rip pages out of it if it weren’t.

one of the methods she was trying to use to solve the conflict was correct. just that neither side knew why they were fighting. if they did, fluttershy’s only reason to be there would have been just to help keep the animals safe from the danger that we saw in the episode till the end.

twilight was there to provide a solution to the conflict. while Fluttershy was there because the information they needed for the correct solution(the one twi was trying near the start of the 2/3-mid of episode) was with the animals, which only Fluttershy can communicate with. hell if it wasn’t for that fight that broke out at the end twilight probs wouldn’t have needed to freeze them and would have done that voice amplifier to relay what Fluttershy was being told as the families would have been on their respective sides when they do.
ghostfacekiller39
Duck - Bona fide shitposter - ignore or report

Sunny Day Realtor
All that episode did for me was confirm that Fluttershy is a character that can only be useful these days when the writers absolutely force it like they did in Hoofields :V Her sole purpose is to sit there and be shy and cute. Someone needs to just take her out back and put her out of her misery at this point, I feel there is no hope for her ever becoming a viable character by the time the series ends.

She is in S5 where she should’ve been in S3. All of the others characters were where they should’ve been in S3 and onward. She is causing the show to lag behind just so she can keep up, and we need to cut off the weakest link :V

@Goremise  
Did you not sit there and watch her try to teach lessons from her compilation of friendship lessons book

did you not see her frantically flying around and trying to engage in diplomacy and mediate between these two families

sure, it wasn’t successful, but at least she gave a fuck

Fluttershy was probably just like “Well, I’ll let Twilight do everything, new people scare me ;_;” and then, at the end, she saved the day based entirely on the work of the animals and she gets all of the fuggin’ credit for it.

Why do they even keep her on the show at this point?
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Pony Arts & Prints!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide