Season 5 episode discussion (Stream & episode links in first post)

Goremise

Yeah, I’ma just leave before all your Fluttershy hate that’s unwarranted from you people gets to me too much.

seriously, show some respect for others, learn to play nice.

I wish the ENTIRE next season was all Fluttershy for you :)
Cirrus Light
Economist -
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Helpful Owl - Drew someone's OC for the 2018 Community Collab
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday
Best Artist - Providing quality, Derpibooru-exclusive artwork
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under his artist tag

Sciencepone of Science!
@ghostfacekiller39

Oh, h-hey, ghost. So why did you want me to come out back? Did you want to learn to play fetch with that big stick you’re holding? Let’s start by finding one that doesn’t have a metal pole in it, hehe…

If you can still shoot her… Well, if you live by the sword, you’ll die by the sword. Let’s just say karma’s a truck.

The thing is y’all are assuming that characters are plot devices used to further a story. Honestly, I, and I think most others, love the show not because of the plots - they’re okay, good, but not often amazing - but because these characters are freaking lovable. Just give them a situation to be on screen and be themselves, and we love it because we love them, the plots are just an added bonus (like my view on marriage, huehuehue).

That’s probably part of why this is one of the most creative fandoms and has art boorus like this and fimfiction - we’re interested in the characters first and foremost, so we draw them, or put them in our own stories. It wouldn’t make much sense to do those things if we liked the story first and the characters second.

@Goremise  
Hey, I like Flutters. In fact, she’s actually a somewhat close second to Twilight if I had to pick a pony to live with (Be it marriage, raising, etc.). I’m actually often terribly soft-spoken, so I absolutely love her gentleness, and you should see how I love cats. I’ve hung out with strays to the point where they’ve gotten comfortable climbing on me and sleeping next to me, hehe, so I’m totally cool with that side of her…

As long as they don’t make bio-waste messes on the floor, carpet, etc… >.>

But no, mostly I love her gentleness, though.
DanielTepesKraus
Greatest Poster in the Board -
GREEN - TALK TO ME
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Equality - Was more equal than the rest of the people during the event and did the only smart thing: wasn't there :^)

will return
@Red-Supernova  
At least a lot of the conflicts are personal or emotional issues and Twi’s proven herself to be unstable and even pretty stupid at times (although book smart). Being able to explode foes by burping won’t do her much good when it comes to solving basic conflicts or friendship issues. That’s everyone else’s job. She would be overpowered in a DBZ world where every conflict was solved with raw sheer power level, but not in FIM’s world where weak characters power-wise have other attributes that make them every bit as powerful (determination, leadership, etc)

Said it before and I’ll say it again. Twilight should have been the Princess of Knowledge or the Princess of Combat. Not friendship.

@Cirrus Light  
Flutters as a plot device does tend to be forced in ways that make little sense or flat out shouldn’t work. Like Keep Calm And Flutter On basically revolved around her bending over backwards to take what up the pooper what Discord gave her, and only got lucky in the end (I’m surprised she didn’t retreat to the kitchen to make him a sammich while she was at it). She only saved the day in Power Ponies because apparently she values the live of an imaginary firefly over those of her friends (what a terrible friend. seriously).

When it boils down to it, Fluttershy tends to lean toward fueling the conflict with her uselessness, and then contributing to it’s solution in the end due to sheer dumb luck.
Cirrus Light
Economist -
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Helpful Owl - Drew someone's OC for the 2018 Community Collab
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday
Best Artist - Providing quality, Derpibooru-exclusive artwork
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under his artist tag

Sciencepone of Science!
@Crystal Neighybánya

@ghostfacekiller39

Fun fact: bleeding out from a gunshot wound is typically a long, agonizing, extremely bloody process that will typically involve || vomiting blood||, plenty of crying, panicking, and generally be scarringly horrifying.

Generally speaking… Just don’t :p

Love will cause you to sleep much better at night.

Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide