Season 5 episode discussion (Stream & episode links in first post)

Jarkes
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
Thread Starter - Transformers Thread

GOKAAAAI... SILVER!
@PonyPon

It was basically hearsay. You know; the usual “someone heard it from a friend who heard it from somewhere else”. So no, no more details beyond that.
Nutkicker12
Artist -

@Jades  
or better yet, have it where she created an alt timeline where she took twi’s place. which is also the world built around her ideal because of that. then all the writers would have to do is sprinkle some backstory where twi would need to learn it if she wants to fix everything. at least then the finale wouldn’t have been such a horrid mess.
Jades

@Jarkes

I don’t think it’ll be that credible then.

@Nutkicker12

While I would greatly prefer this idea. If they had no choice but to keep the same type of finale then I would’ve changed it to Starlight finding out about the horrible futures with the scroll going out of control and her desperately but failing to stop them and her breaking down and having her reformation at the Wasteland scene.
Poison Trail
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

@Jades

Pretty much, I think people tend to confuse rushed endings with padded content, no amount of extra episodes/comics is going to help when it’s obvious the reason the ending had so little time put towards it is because too much was put on the unimportant stuff meant to make the content entertaining and not enough on the actual plot, which used to be a balancing act the staff was able to pull off.

If somehow this turned out to be a 3-part episode, the problem still wouldn’t be solved since all the extra time would likely had been placed on the Tirek and Flim & Flam timelines, along with a few new ones. They could’ve sacrificed whole minutes on the Sombra, Chrysalis and Nightmare Moon parts, but they didn’t because their focus was on giving each villain their spotlight from the start, not on making a meaningful ending.

This is the S4 finale’s duel with Tirek drawn out to 30 minutes or so: no advancement on the actual plot other than introducing the (Way too convenient) arbitrary “Every use of the scroll leads to a worse future”, which brings a whole lot of issues on it’s own, but hey! Cool stuff! That’ll make like half the viewers ignore the obvious plot holes and horrendous ending!
Jades

@Crystal Neighybánya

They should cut some of it and work on integrating the alternate timelines into the actual plot. As they stand they’re just filler. Oh sure it’s enjoyable filler but filler none the less.

They should also should’ve worked way better on transitioning Starlights character. The way it is now she literally has no reason to be redeemed except for her sudden change of character at the end.

The way this episode went it seems like they Flanderized her character on purpose and tried to work it into her character which can work mind you but here it looked like they just straight up demolished her character and she starts looking less like a character and more like an ideal. It’s like they wanted to make this complete perfect foil for Twilight but forgot to turn it into a meaningful character.
Jarkes
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.

GOKAAAAI... SILVER!
Um, hey, I was talking to a friend earlier by the name of Evowizard25. He said that some folks on this site basically chased him away from here because he liked Starlight’s redemption and the finale and people kept bashing him for it.

I could link to the blog he posted a few hours ago where he put up a really good and well thought-out defense of Starlight and everything about the finale, but I’m not sure if I should.
Jades

@Jarkes

Huh I never saw any bashing of him well my conversations with him at least. Though I think I know of the few people he’s talking about……
Lord WyrmSpawN
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Thread Starter - MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Lingering Wyvern
@Jarkes  
And I’m sure the points he makes are as new and convincing.

I can believe he felt uncomfortable having a dissenting opinion, but ‘chasing him off the site’ is harder to swallow.
Jarkes

GOKAAAAI... SILVER!
@PonyPon

Well, his exact words were “I am never going to that site again,” which actually came up in a comment on the post in question, not within the actual blog post.
Aurora Glimmer

Wow! Glimmer
@Jarkes  
I talked to Evowizard25 about a month or so ago via PM. According to him, he’s been really stressed out about whether or not he’ll be able to pay for college next semester and he’s been a bit on the sensitive side lately. I honestly doubt he was chased off the site like he said: it’s more likely he ended up picking fights with other users who weren’t fond of Glimmerdemption. He admitted that when he’s stressed, he tends to have trouble keeping his mouth shut and staying out of trouble. I’ve still got the conversation, so I can easily verify it if you need evidence.
Vree
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Derpibooru Premium - Learn about the benefits of subscribing to Derpibooru Premium membership at https://derpibo
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

^You sort of ran it out of your system (fortunately), initially you were more aggressive.

Plus, you’re not a complete idiot. It’s not difficult to find someone worse who is.
Jarkes

GOKAAAAI... SILVER!
@Pizzamovies

I might make a few more posts here once I’ve finally watched the 5 episodes of this season that I still haven’t seen yet. Other than that, yeah.
Background Pony #13BD
When spike dance with sweetiebelle at the wedding howcome they didn’t end sparity and have him hava a relationship with sweetiebelle?
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
KilianKuro Commissions!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide