Season 5 episode discussion (Stream & episode links in first post)

ToskiHero
Thread Starter - Time-Wasting Thread 3.0 (SFW - No Explicit/Grimdark)

Tiro Finale
@Jades  
Hard to say, since I’m not very fond of the IDW comics.

I do like how Sunset originally aspired to be a alicorn princess just like Celestia, but I don’t think the comic did a good job showcasing Sunset’s backstory and fall from grace to its full potential.

The only thing the comic really did was give an explanation as to why Sunset turned her back on Celestia. And even then, the comic did very little with that idea in mind. I’m pretty sure that what really happened between Celestia and Sunset happened over a much longer period of time.

Mixed feelings, I guess.
Cirrus Light
Economist -
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Helpful Owl - Drew someone's OC for the 2018 Community Collab
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday
Best Artist - Providing quality, Derpibooru-exclusive artwork
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under his artist tag

Sciencepone of Science!
@Jades  
Well, she left Equestria, and hasn’t as much as visited after her repentance reformation.

They’re totally nothing more than an illusory shimmer on the sunset anymore…

|| THEY DED||
JP
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -

I miss the show so much
@GameWhiz14  
Yes, this must happen. It’d be a closure. Her story is woefully incomplete without it.

But I fear it won’t happen.
CronoM

@PonyPon  
Is it too much to hope that Celestia apologizes for not being mother teacher Sunset needed while growing up?  
Finally remove the plot armor that’s protected everypony’s opinion of Celestia for so long? At least with the main characters would be nice.

I hope S6 shows they have SOME idea of how to incorporate Celestia as a character. Twilight will never have the spine to have a heart-to-heart talk with Celestia, but Sunset does. They were both at fault for their falling out as mother/teacher and daughter/student, not just Sunset. If they bring in Sunset into the show or at least allow her to see Celestia, I would like it if they not ignore that.
Jades

@CronoM

Well for that to happen Celestia will have to be relevant again. I’m not sure they want to even connect the movies with Mlp. The movies are canon with the show but the show isn’t Canon with the movies and it wouldn’t be canon if people didn’t like the second movie so much anyways.
Villain Pony

copy&paste
@PonyPon
Is it too much to hope that Celestia apologizes for not being mother teacher Sunset needed while growing up?
Finally remove the plot armor that’s protected everypony’s opinion of Celestia for so long? At least with the main characters would be nice.
I hope S6 shows they have SOME idea of how to incorporate Celestia as a character. Twilight will never have the spine to have a heart-to-heart talk with Celestia, but Sunset does. They were both at fault for their falling out as mother/teacher and daughter/student, not just Sunset. If they bring in Sunset into the show or at least allow her to see Celestia, I would like it if they not ignore that.

The struggle of being a Celestia fan.
Jarkes
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
Thread Starter - Transformers Thread

GOKAAAAI... SILVER!
I have REALLY got to stop putting off watching those 5 episodes from this season that I still haven’t watched yet (Do Princesses Dream of Magic Sheep?, Made in Manehatten, Brotherhooves Social, The Hoofields and the McColts, and The Mane Attraction).
Jarkes

GOKAAAAI... SILVER!
Hmm… odd… My avatar hasn’t changed to the new one yet… It’s just the blank one right now…

The avatar in question is supposed to be a gif of Bowser’s idle animation sprite from Mario & Luigi: Bowser’s Inside Story. Gifs SHOULD work with avatars, so I don’t know what’s wrong…
Jarkes

GOKAAAAI... SILVER!
So Silver-Quill finally released his “Do Princesses Dream of Magic Sheep?” After the Fact.. This time around, however, I’m going to wait until I’ve actually watched the episode before I watch his video (then again, I’m still several videos behind on his stuff).

Still, at the rate he’s going, season 6 will be finished by the time he’s done with his Season 5 After the Fact videos.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
KilianKuro Commissions!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide